Morals, commonality.. important for a society or not?

Yeah, I didn’t say that you were/are. I said that like you, evangelicals overlooked in Trump what they decried unsuited for office in Clinton. And I was no fan of Clinton so I don’t know why you felt the need to express your opinion on that to me. I’d also point out that it’s a subjective opinion. By the numbers, he was far better than trump, and his popularity is still higher than Trump’s will ever be…

More Americans agreed with me than you…

Right… after all the ballots were pulled from under tables when 4 battle ground states shut down counting at the same time… and re-opened at the same time… and every vote after that was for Biden…lol. A statistical impossibility, but, what ever let’s you sleep well…lol.

Did Trump get a BJ in the Oval Office? Did he diddle a young woman with a cigar? Did he stain her dress with his “manhood”??? Yea… Clinton should not be talked about in the same breath as Trump.

I will concede that Trump is not an honorable man. As I said earlier, I’m not a fan of the man… I’m a fan of the job he has done while being POTUS.

1 Like

You not being an evangelical, it’s moot. My whole criticism was the hypocrisy of the evangelical…:wink:

I’ll ask this of you… what do you want for America? I’ve asked Liberals this question on a few other forums, with no real answer.

Do you want to “change America” like Shumer said after they “take” Georgia? In what way does America need changed?.. and why?

I got what I wanted, Trump the hell out of here. I’ll now return to my promotion of a viable third party and seeing an independent in the White House, side lining the democrats and republicans as I’ve long been disgusted with both of them…

When they outlawed bullying ppl like this started to talk again. Communist … he has a big mouth on the internet. He needs a nice wedgie pulled over his head lol

1 Like

Trump was the independent you low iq lol

2 Likes

Well we agree on something…:wink:

Well, you and I agree on a third party. I have advocated for no parties… let individuals run on their own merit and let us decide.

So, getting Trump out was/is worth the cheating and scheming that went on with this election? Putting a mentally deficient man in office was worth “getting Trump out”? Sure…ok. Like I’ve said on other forums, this was an election of hate, not an election of what is best for the country.

I am also disgusted with both parties. That doesn’t mean my own feelings don’t favor the Right in my line of thinking. I have been a life long proponent of the “Right” way of thinking. That doesn’t mean I don’t have a few Left leaning thoughts, or that I totally disagree with the Left on everything.

You also didn’t “really” answer my question/s. It’s okay… I have come to expect that from your side.

1 Like

Yet another LIE from the resident progressive.

1 Like

You idiot you trade Trump for the dementia king and a cheat on his income taxes.

1 Like

Well to begin with, this thread is not about the vision for America. Start a thread and I’ll participate. I’m not afraid of you.

I disagree with you that there was cheating in this election, and those who are claiming so have not proven it. And I disagree with you that Biden is mentally deficient. But what a laugh on trump if it were true and he was defeated by that…:rofl:

Stop trolling… add something or take a hike

Well, I believe you are being disingenuous with that post. I never said this thread was abotu the vision for America. I asked YOU what you wanted for America. Since you answered sort of… why not answer all the way?

I’m not being disingenuous at all. That would be a huge topic moving us far away from the issue of social morals. But again, if you’d like to have such a discussion you’re welcome to begin a thread toward that end…

Ahem, back to the OP- morals should matter in the POTUS, in the Senate, and in the House at the very least, they should matter with the local mayor. I’m not suggesting puritanical levels of Ned Flandery, but the more you peel the layers of politicians on both sides, the more unseemly stuff you see.
The media of the day, hid Kennedy’s adultery, they hid FDR’s paralysis, - because reporters understood that the instant gratification of finding and bellowing dirt on a politician- especially one they didn’t agree with- paled in comparison to allowing a positive image to be the public face of office.
Today that equation is turned on its head. If it were only the callow and shallow youth of the profession that would sort of be tolerable.
Unfortunately even veterans like Bernstein, Rather, Williams, everyone at the NYT, and lots of Fox personalities have dropped any pretense of fairness or caring about fairness. There are no morals in journalism beyond ‘attack the other side’ and ‘hide negatives for our side’. No president can withstand the scrutiny, the twisting, and the half truths that allow wannabe Jimmy Olsens on TV, or online to virtue signal through ginning up hatred.

Trump is and always has been a crude, narcissistic oaf, but he got a lot done that was good for the country prior to covid.
Obama didn’t do much but encourage hatred of authority - especially cops. He did however help create, er, ISIS.
Bush took a heroic response to 911 and sullied it with a ghastly war in Iraq.
Clinton was brilliant, worked across the aisle, and most didn’t care about his cigar antics - shame really- great president otherwise.

All of them were treated as pariahs by the ‘other side’ media.

Biden seems like a decent, though a bit vacant, man. You still have to wonder how he and Jill became multi millionaires on fed salary and her teaching job - it’s not like she was Liz Warren getting 400K/year to teach one class… His incredibly sleazy family may yet be his undoing- bet Jimmy Carter is giving thanks to the Lord his brother was too stupid to make millions off his name.

1 Like

As you can see, I was trying wazoo…:man_shrugging:

I was too busy typing to see your post… :wink:

1 Like