Mexico is Angry and Protesting American Actions Because Mexicans Are Returning

Thanks to Alex in the Rabbit Hole:

1 Like

The Arizona law, which took effect January 1, punishes Arizona employers who knowingly hire individuals without valid legal documents to work in the United States. Penalties include suspension of, or loss of, their business license.

Excellent. Let the people who knowingly hire illlegally lose their business license. It is about time that those who play by the rules get a fair shake.

The Mexican legislators are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on THEIR state government instead of Arizona

Yikes…sucks to be you. :joy:

“How can Arizona pass a law like this?” asked Mexican Rep. Leticia Amparano-Gamez, who represents Nogales.

Erp… cause they did.

“There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona,” she said, speaking in Spanish.

Let’s talk about the price of tea in china while we are at it Hey, maybe write letters or exchange some e-mails or tweets. Stay in touch. Send cards.

“Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and who were sending money to their families return to their hometowns in Sonora without jobs,” she said.

Well hey! You got yourself elected to solve problems…now quit your pissing and moaning and get to work!

3 Likes

Agreed… on all points. Libs like to say we don’t want employers to be held responsible. They are mistaken. I sure do. And apparently you do too.

1 Like

Oh you have no idea how much I want to see employers held responsible. And for me it doesn’t end there either.

Wait… Mexico has the balls to complain about this?

The Arizona law, which took effect January 1, punishes Arizona employers who knowingly hire individuals without valid legal documents to work in the United States.

Americans can’t just come work in Canada. If they did, there would be a lot of trouble for them. We do have American commuters at our borders - people who rent apartments or buy houses in Canada but work in the US - that’s a separate issue. What Arizona is doing here seems completely reasonable. Is there no federal law on this?

The illegals and their supporters are arrogant aren’t they.

I wish more good Mexicans who immigrated legally would tell Democrats to go shit in their hats .

5 Likes

If they don’t like it, they should build a wall.

3 Likes

It’s been posted somewhere on PB lately than we should build the wall on the Mexico side…and call it foreign aid.

Works for me.

1 Like

Mexican Federales :laughing:

Could this be the reason???

These annual “remittances” as they’re called by analysts topped $69 billion in 2016, according to central bank data compiled in a new, a Washington, D.C.-based think-tank. The money has been a lifeline for the Mexican economy since at least the 1990s, when Manuel Orozco, a political scientist who authored the report, first began tracking remittances. They climbed steadily since then, only to plummet when the Great Recession hit the U.S. economy in 2008. But they began to rise again in 2012. The 2016 tally is the highest amount on record and an increase of nearly 8 percent over 2015.

1 Like

I’ve been calling for this for years. Amazing how well it worked, isn’t it? Eliminate opportunities for illegals to take advantage of the system and they’ll self deport. As a nation, other states need to join this trend before things will improve.

2 Likes

A better solution would be for the government to hire 100K people to audit businesses across the country. When they discover an illegal or 50, hand them a fine for 5K per person payable immediately. No payment close the business until they pay the fine. write a check, it bounces, arrest them. They don’t even need to fire them. Return a few days later another audit, more fines. Eventually they will get it.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what INS was doing before they were broken up and became ICE. Ok so maybe they only showed up once a biennial for their audits, but at least they were doing them! Does ICE even conduct raids on businesses that hire illegals anymore?

For some businesses 5K is nothing per person. They’ve probably saved that in wages over the first quarter.

I think loss of the business license is much better. Immediate shut down. It is no fun to have to start a new corporation with paperwork, establish credit with vendors, bank accounts, etc.

1 Like

No dice, the EEOC will sue the pants off you if you don’t accept an ID because you suspect someone is an illegal and fake ID’s are easy to get. “Knowingly” hire is an important part of any law holding employers responsible for hiring them, when the fed mandates you must hire them if they have an ID that looks like the real thing or they will sue you for discrimination it is reprehensible to punishing them for doing just that.

from Pre-Employment Inquiries and Citizenship | U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Employers should accept any unexpired document from the Lists of Acceptable Documents so long as the document appears reasonably genuine on its face and relates to the employee.

Not unless Trump changed things since he took office, remember, Obama said they could only go after illegals who had committed other serious crimes, a matter of priorities.

I thought that had changed though. There certainly was an uproar over the immigrant doctor from Poland who had been here for forty plus years, never bothered to even apply for citizenship, and was up for deportation recently. Not only was his sister a legal citizen, but also works as an attorney with a focus on immigration law. I have zero sympathy for people like this guy honestly. He clearly knew better but couldn’t be bothered with following the process because it was beneath him.

1 Like

Poncho was a bandit boy, his horse was fast as polished steel
He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel
Poncho met his match you know on the deserts down in Mexico
Nobody heard his dyin’ words ah but that’s the way it goes

And all the Federales say they could’ve had him any day
They only let him slip away out of kindness I suppose

Townes Van Zandt

5K may be chump change for some however when levied week after week, eventually the people employing illegals will finally get it. we had a meat packing plant that was raided. 127 illegals were arrested, they shut the plant down as other illegals in other shifts refused to go to work.

The next day over 500 people/citizens applied and over 200 hired. The illegal community were outraged at the loss of jobs. The media reported how ICE was destroying families.