Medical marijuana and Firearms

Hemp rope is competitive with nylon rope…a petroleum product.

This is also what you get with legalized POT:

DENVER, CO – Up to 50 illegal pot grows in metro Denver were the targets of federal raids early Thursday morning, the United States Drug Enforcement Administration told media sources.

Pot grows in private houses in Adams County, including in Commerce City, were raided in a coordinated campaign, the Denver Post reported.

Randy Ladd, spokesman for the DEA’s Denver field office, told the Post the grow houses are owned and operated by people with “ties to organized crime syndicates on the East Coast.

“People don’t live in these homes,” Ladd told the Post after an October DEA drug raid in Aurora. “They bought them solely to run marijuana operations.”

An Aurora Police spokesperson told Patch the Aurora police had not publicly confirmed that they were working with the DEA on Denver-area warrants. In October, 2018 the DEA raided least 24 homes near Aurora’s Cherokee Trail High School.

Black market marijuana rings have been tied to 11 first-degree murder cases in the 18th Judicial District, Adams County District Attorney George Brauchler told the Post. The DEA alleges that illegal pot grows in Colorado sell marijuana in states where it’s not legalized, " increasing the numbers of murders, robberies and gun sales. The drug traffickers are part of multi-drug operations that sell cocaine, methamphetamine, opioids, and heroin," the Post reported.

Hmm, you would think a good lawyer could make a decent defense out of an unequal application of the law on those “illegal grows”, since it’s just as illegal federally for legal growers(approved by the state) to grow it.

Problem is you can grow 6 plants at your home. They were using the entire house to grow POT.

It’s easy to find the illegal grows. Someone complains about the stench and the complaint is copied to the Fed government who pull a warrant for the electricity bill.
Illegal grows consume a great deal of electricity so a search warrant is pulled and bingo.

Speaking of wonder crops, we need to make chewing coco leaves legal.

Probably not. I bet that they were operating without the proper permits.

The justification for the federal regulations on drugs began with the pure food and drug act and if I remember right they cited “The General Welfare Clause”.

You’re going to have a hard time convincing even the most conservative court that they lack such constitutional/statutory authority.

Whether we agree with it or not federal regulation of drugs is what the country wants and we’re not going to eve be able to reverse that.

All they have to do is look at the grower’s electric bills.

Grow houses are huge consumers of electricity

1 Like

Not so much if they go LED and solar panels. Green is hip you know. :wink:

Nonsense. It’s not what the country wants. It’s what big pharma and the insurance industry want though. You know, the two biggest lobbyists of Congress right now.

None of which makes it constitutional. Just because they get away with it due to voter ignorance and apathy doesn’t cleanse it.

Requires a warrant to look at the bills. Need a call or a complaint and the party begins.

You’d be hard pressed to find more than 5% of the country that would support deregulation of the pharmaceutical industry and federal purview over drugs.

And all they need for that is “reasonable suspicion”.

That isn’t what you said the first time. It’s a fact big pharma and the insurance industry are writing many of the current regulations either to make more money or to stifle competition.

I can also guarantee you that far more than 5% of the country just wants the Federal government to leave them the hell alone.

The federal regulations regarding drug approval is out of control . It takes an average of 13 years for a drug to be approved. When a drug company is issued a patent it is done before submission to the FDA. 7 years left when a drug is approved. Far more than 5% of people realize the government slow stepping approvals.

The less time it has after approval before it is available for Generic the more expensive it os as they try and recoup the cost. Average cost to bring a drug to market, 5 billion dollars. Yeah government is responsible for that 5 billion over 13 years.

3 Likes

One of the biggest words in the law … “reasonable.” :wink:

Ahh the fruits of public education. The people have been taught they are way too stupid to look out for themselves.

1 Like

Regulation of pharmaceuticals is definitely in the best interests of everyone. We can’t possibly be expected to know what ingredients are in each medicine or what the possible effects of those ingredients may be. Nobody, not even you, wants to go back to the day of the traveling snake oil salesmen.

Umm no. How is that the alternative? Did they have the internet and the Mayo Clinic back then? I don’t need the government to tell me what drugs are safe, I have access to reputable medical minds from the comfort of my own home and the wit to discern who is trustworthy and who isn’t. If the FDA was abolished tomorrow a decent academic vetting source would pop up on the net within a month to replace them.