Man made climate catastrophe

Omg dude! You having a polar bear and eating Al Gore gif is the irony! Do you not get it?:weary:

I think you are hungry, did you not raid a ice box today?

I repeat, I get that part. What I donā€™t understand is what you think my presence proves or what is ironic about it. Its not like I havenā€™t been here before and in virtually every other climate change thread ever.

Dude never mind! You are reading too much into it ! Sorry I responded!

Sorry, I did not mean to upset you. I didnā€™t read anything into your post. To the contrary, I had no idea what you meant by it ā€¦ and I still donā€™t. Thatā€™s why I asked the questions.

But you are right ā€¦ never mind.

No worries bro! Have a nice evening! Or is that possible for you right now given where you live at? Do you have 24 hours of sunshine right now?

No, we are down to 19 hrs 50 minutes of daylight (and losing about 7 minutes per day.) But the rest of the night is still twilight.

What time of year do get 24 hours of daylight? And how Long of a period does it last for?

At no time. I live south of the Arctic Circle. The longest day is 21 hrs 51 minutes. But as I said, the time in between sunset and sunrise is all twilight, so it never actually gets dark. The period of 24 hrs daylight plus twilight begins May 16th and runs through July 25th.

On the other side of that, on the winter solstice, we have only 3 hrs 42 minutes of daylight.

ā€¦and now ā€¦ from Lenard Nimoy ā€¦ before he became a Vulcan

1 Like

All I can say is; where I live in the northern 1/3 of North America, we had, not that long ago, 2 miles of ice and snow above where I am sitting right now. Is the Earth warming. I sure hope so.
Besides; what temperature is the Earth SUPPOSED to be? H-h-h-m-m-m??

3 Likes

Putin said it best.
Global warming is great. Then we wonā€™t have to buy fur coats anymore.

1 Like

Oopsā€¦

Real doomsday is Ice Age where most of the USA will be buried under glaciers and ice sheet.
They know it will happen soon. Sooner than most people think.

Well I hope they have all papered for retirement because Heresy is good for the career minded.

From about 77-84 winters got so severe and so long we really thought we were going into another ice age.

Iā€™m reminded of Dr. Smith, ā€œWeā€™re Doomed, Doomed I tell youā€. :rofl:

Itā€™s really discomforting to know that we have people at the Pentagon who are being paid our tax dollars to conjure up Chicken Little Fairy Tales to scare people into thinking our collective deaths are imminent by way of climate change.

We have been giving commissions to starving artists and grants to ā€œscientific researchersā€ who are incapable of convincing the private sector to pay for their ā€œtalentsā€ for decades.

BREAKING NEWS! Within 200 years, all who read this will be dead!

That ^^^^ is the truth!

1 Like

I have two hypotheses about the regular ice-age cycle, which seems to be about 100,000 years.

#1 the Sun swells and contracts on that sort of timescale. At the point of maximum expansion the Sunā€™s internal pressures are reduced and thermonuclear activity is less leading to reduced output, and thus an ice age.

#2 there is a dust cloud (the particle size would have to be significant in order to survive the solar wind) travelling on a highly eccentric elliptical orbit. Its period is 100,000 years and as it passes within the solar system it attenuates the energy received by the Earth from the Sun.

I am open to any other possibilitiesā€¦

Milankovitch theory seems to make sense.
He was a Serbian like Nikola Tesla and itā€™s interesting to note both these men were not taken seriously for a long time.

I have not read the article below but am citing it just to show what the theory is all about.

1 Like

Weā€™ve got whole departments in the Pentagon dedicated to dreaming up every possible scenario that the US military might have to respond to no matter how unlikely or ridiculous including alien invasions and the ā€œclimapocalypseā€.

As Pentagon Planners go this isnā€™t really all that out to lunch.