Make Gun Grabbers Physically Take Guns from Gun Supporters

Not skilled at data interpretation.

One of the genuine benefits of CCW is that you leave the bad guys guessing who may or may not be armed.

Look at how you are guessing right before us on this fine forum.

:question:

Guessing??? Guessing what???

Do you seriously not understand the difference between “percent of households” and “number of people”?

Do you know who I am? Do you know where I live? Do you know the difference between telling a stranger who has your phone number (which can tell them both your name and where you live) that you have guns vs. telling other anonymous people in a discussion forum that you have guns?

Try explaining popular vote vs Electoral College. Good luck, Samm :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

No, should I???

Sure, what’s your point?

Exactly the point he was making. You’ll never know who he is.

44% of US Households have at least one gun and a majority of US households today are lead by women as the primary or sole bread winner.

That number continues to rise as single women are the fastest growing demographic of new gun owners.

Quite a few do but we know the numbers are artificially low since many certainly will not.

You have no idea how many guns any of us might own.

Thanks for making my point.

Read your post … you are confusing the percentage of households and/ or people who own guns with the number of people who own guns. While the percentage has allegedly gone down, the number has not.

The percentage of households (that report) that they have at least one gun has remained between 40 and 47% for the last 25 years. The key words are in parentheses.

I was thinking it had hit a low of around 34 or 37% in the 90’s but I can’t find that graph right now.

I still suspect the actual percentage is much higher. 10-20% higher at least based on the simple fact many gun owners don’t want to tell any stranger on the phone or in a survey they are filling out on paper or online.

Add the number of criminals illegally possessing them and it goes up probably another 15% or so.

Which is still quite unclear…

It’s not alleged…

Yes it is as the Pew Poll shows.

A pistol for home defense and a good bolt action rifle like a 30-06 etc., for hunting, maybe a plugged shotgun or 22 bolt/lever action for varmint control for those that live in rural environments, is all a person needs, the rest should be banned.

I agree. I can say absolutely, that if I was asked by a pollster about guns in my home, I would either lie or hang up.

1 Like