Lost in the Fifties- Another Time, Another Place

That’s what tends to happen in places where everyone looks like everyone else and they all believe in the same God.

1 Like

WW3. will begin as a dispute as to what years “boomers” refers to.

Real “Boomers” imo are born from 1946–1959.

They are the ones who remember suburban golden age paradise as never yet attained on planet earth.

When Middle Class lived like kings and Queens.

After JFK murder the seeds of the current times were planted.

I really hope and pray we can bring that back again.

If we get our manufacturing back, get illegal immigration (wage suppression and the drain on our resources) under control then it would be a very fine and attainable goal not just for the middle class but those not in the middle class to know with some effort they can reach middle class.

IMO, politicians at the expense of the taxpayer, have pursued personal wealth by selling their countrymen out.

Look at the Harvard scandal as an example and there are many more.

No one should not be able to afford a college education or education in a trade school. (well, if you’re going to go for some stupid and worthless degree like gender study then you deserve a job at Dunkin Donuts).

2 Likes

I can be done. It is proven to be so.

Others should listen to real Boomers.

Boomers where born between 1946 - 1964. When I was born Eisenhower was president. I remember in school when they where teaching us “Duck and cover” for fear of a nuclear attack. In 1963 I remember seeing Kennedy being shot over and over on b/w TV. It wasn’t all roses but it was what it was.

Interesting that those that pine for the days of the 50’s?

Well, they respected the hell out of their elders.

With age comes one hell of a lot of wisdom.

2 Likes

I think of it with an earlier range, just because the “baby boom” originally meant service men coming home after the war and starting big families, although that time period was also related to those born a bit later. Some parents didn’t jump in as quickly.

Yes the middle class is extremely important on so many levels to having not only a healthy society but a vibrant balanced economy. I view America currently as a cancer patient under going treatment and Trump is the doctor. It remains to be seen if the treatments are successful to put that cancer in remission. Return of the middle class is and should be central to restoring America.

1 Like

This will be difficult to replicate in the future. We have a large group of youngsters who’ve been brainwashed by the liberal education system to think that nothing significant happened before they were born.

We tried. Our parents and grandparents had already done too much damage.

The welfare state began with FDR and just exploded under Johnson. Neither of them were of our generation. None of the boomers were even old enough to vote for Kennedy/Johnson.

Don’t forget Gold Bond trading stamps while you’re going there. :rofl:

There’s a lot of truth to that. Rude people just got the shit beat out of them and bad bears got shot instead of being relocated.

1 Like

Quite so. Those that pine for the life of the 50’s but at the same time wish for the death of the boomers?

Well, that is a rather conflicting stance to take, isn’t it?

1 Like

Don’t worry, Little Darlin’!

It’s the way of the sniveling, snot nosed kids among us to blame an entire generation for bad happenings caused by a faction within that generation.

Liberalism is and has long been a mental disorder that systematically degrades American life. It does so continuously, throughout every generation. Being a boomer had nothing to do with destroying what we had in the 50s.

To hell with liberalism!

1 Like

I :heart: you asaratis. :+1:

Can we get a room soon? :innocent:

1 Like

Bunch of ignorant whiners mad at their own parents and grandparents who have no real idea how we got here or how hard many of us have fought it for decades.

A great tune, thanks for posting it.

Kids don’t need to be ‘brainwashed’, they already are liberal; it goes with the territory? Adult liberals are just kids who haven’t matured into adulthood nor ever will. That’s DNA? lol

How did American women go from this…

To this, in the span of one human beings lifetime?

1 Like