đź”´ Live Impeachment Thread - Day 4

Damn - no one started this thread for me today? I guess I’m the only one who is going to launch live impeachment threads. Here you go, slackers.

Ambassador Sondland testifying.

FOX 10 (has chat)

PBS

FOX

C-SPAN

CBS

CNN

Guardian

ABC

NBC

3 Likes

I don’t know why Sondland is still talking tbqh. Sondland already confirmed that Trump specifically told him that he did not want any quid pro quo. The Democrats have no argument at this point because their entire basis for impeachment is based on quid pro quo as it related to bribery.

1 Like

Not according to some who suffer from extreme case of TDS! It appears we have some that are off the charts! :rofl:

1 Like

Plus, the transcript has already been released. Everything now that we are hearing is just opinion. Even the alleged whistleblower is only operating off of opinion. The transcript is confirmed to be accurate. Case closed.

1 Like

Um, no. I don’t know where you are getting your news from but you might want to do a little more searching. Here, the Drudge Report homepage has about a dozen links to stories confirming what was actually said. It changes often so here’s a screenshot from my phone. If you have something that refutes this I’d like to see it.

Holy shit! You didn’t just quote drudge report did ya? All too funny! I Guess you jumped the shark!:rofl::rofl:

Do you have something against a website that just is a repository of links? That seems kind of odd.

Here ya go:

No just that you are woefully misinformed and you cite Drudge Report as a credible source! That’s fking hilarious! :laughing:

On Wednesday morning, it’ll be Sondland’s turn to testify as the impeachment probe’s most anticipated witness, less than 24 hours after Republicans declared total victory in Tuesday afternoon’s hearings. But it remained unclear whether the wealthy hotelier-turned-diplomat would pose a “problem” for Democrats, Republicans, or all of the above.

Sondland is more directly entangled than any witness yet in the president’s alleged efforts to get Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden’s dealings in the country, including Biden’s successful push to have Ukraine’s top prosecutor fired [by threatening to withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid] Yet Sondland has already amended his testimony once – “I now do recall,” he said, talking to Ukraine about anti-corruption investigations — and has frustrated Democrats’ efforts to build a consistent narrative of misconduct by the president.

Most notably, Sondland previously testified behind closed doors that Trump directly told him there were to be “no quid pro quos of any kind” with Ukraine, and that he didn’t recall any conversations with the White House about withholding military assistance in return for Ukraine helping with the president’s political campaign.

Okay, and the screenshot shows that quid pro quo was pushed… just not by the president. Giuliani pushed it and Mike Pence knew about it. Either way, Trump is responsible because Giuliani is his personal attorney and acts on his behalf. Trump can’t have it both ways.

First of all try keeping up! It’s Sondland that is testifying not Guliani! Sonderland and Volker already stated there was no quid pro, so your narrative is DOA! Using the Giuliani angle is weak and lame!

1 Like

1 Like

Statement from the Chief of Staff to the Vice President, Marc Short:

“The Vice President never had a conversation with Gordon Sondland about investigating the Bidens, Burisma, or the conditional release of financial aid to Ukraine based upon potential investigations.

Ambassador Gordon Sondland was never alone with Vice President Pence on the September 1 trip to Poland. This alleged discussion recalled by Ambassador Sondland never happened.“

1 Like

Okay so what is your point? The vice president’s office is clearly trying to distance itself from what happened. I’m not shocked that anyone in this administration would lie to the public.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1197200303222902785

1 Like

Hey new guy why don’t you read the transcript? Everyone agrees that is the factual account of what happened between the two men on the call. Not all this hearsay word-twisting bullshit.

3 Likes

Can anyone tell me who that blonde is? I need to see more. NNN is killing me.

1 Like

Damn she is a frigging goddess. I need a successful high-powered woman like that. Maybe I need to move to the swamp. She’d be worth it.