Labor Force Participation Drops As Americans Hyped Up On Federal Cash Quit Looking For Work

Labor force participation in the United States is still declining as Americans sustained by federal cash stop looking for work or quit their jobs.

Only 194,000 jobs were added to the U.S. economy in September, making the smallest gain in available work since December 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor reported on Friday. That number is down from the 366,000 jobs reportedly added to the economy in August — and the 500,000 jobs the Dow Jones estimated would be added last month.

The unemployment rate fell from 5.2 percent to 4.8 percent, but the drop largely comes from workers leaving the national workforce which, in turn, is causing labor shortages across multiple industries. Labor force participation was down to 61.6 percent, nearly two points below where it was in February 2020 shortly before government-mandated lockdowns ravaged the economy.

And while private payrolls saw increases, government payroll decreased, especially with government educator jobs reportedly falling.

“The biggest factor behind last month’s weak payroll gain was a decline in public-sector jobs, mainly at schools,” the Dow Jones Newswire reported. “Employment in private-sector industries rose by 317,000 in September, with modest gains across several industries.”

The report comes just one day after President Joe Biden blamed the nation’s economic problems on people who have not received the COVID-19 shot.

“The unvaccinated also put our economy at risk because people are reluctant to go out,” Biden said at a Clayco construction site in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, overlooking his role in pushing a massive spending bill that would cost trillions of dollars.

“Even in places where there is no restriction on going to restaurants and gyms and movie theaters, people are not going in anywhere near the numbers because they’re worried they’re going to get sick,” he added.

Not only did Biden ignore the fact that his administration spent months lining Americans’ pockets with cash, but he also overlooked the role government-mandated lockdowns and extended unemployment benefits play in pushing key workers to stay home.

Who are all these people getting Federal money?

I have been out of work since March 20, 2020… I’m certainly not getting any Federal money. I used all my State unemployment.

I work under the table for cash. I could sure use some of this money I keep hearing about that is keeping people from working.

The same people who always get it. Broke motherfuckers who live off the government.

1 Like

Exactly what the demoRATS are noted for champion of lazy , dumb , and irresponsible . When you feed , clothed , house , people they are totally dependent and 100 % controllable . Teach a man to fish …

1 Like

The unemployed received an additional $600 for some time then $300 .
Unemployed Americans will continue receiving $300 in federal money in addition to their weekly state unemployment checks. The extension was part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), a $1.9 trillion stimulus relief bill signed by President Joe Biden.

$300 Unemployment Bonus Calculator By State – Forbes Advisor

Never mind that these federal dollars were from the Covid cares act signed by TRUMP, they expired last month. The op it useless……

Like me? I worked my whole life. I never thought I would need gov. money. That is, until they took my job away. Am I supposed to feel bad about taking money that I paid into my whole working career?

1 Like

I got that money too. I no longer get it. Who keeps getting this money? I thought it ran out in September??? I can tell you that no one in Ohio is getting it.

You have a severe case of Trumpitis.

For the record… I don’t care for the man. either. I thought he was a fantastic POTUS. See… I can differentiate the man from the job.

1 Like

In effect during the period that begins on March 1, 2020, and ends on December 30, 2020 at a cost of $150,000,000,000.

The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), a $1,9000,000,000 trillion stimulus relief bill signed by President Joe Biden.

• provide outreach, mediation, training, and assistance on issues concerning food, agriculture, agricultural credit, agricultural extension, rural development, or nutrition to

certain socially

disadvantaged groups, including socially disadvantaged farmers, ranchers, or forest landowners;

• provide grants and loans to improve land access for such groups;
  • fund one or more equity commissions to address
    racial equity issues within USDA and its programs;
  • support and supplement agricultural research, education, and extension, as well as scholarships and programs that provide internships and pathways to federal employment; and
  • provide financial assistance to socially disadvantaged farmers, ranchers, or forest landowners who are former farm loan borrowers and suffered related
    adverse actions or past discrimination
    or bias in USDA programs.

Ran out last month , never fear Biden is minting cash as we speak and planting billions of those fruitful money trees the demoRATS are so fond of . :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

1 Like

I hear ya. I just want my job back.

1 Like

Just hope Biden and his policies won’t harm your place of work like so many others . Hang in there .

I doubt I will ever get my job back. It’s contingent upon the show halls opening back up. With the Left’s Permanent Pandemic, it isn’t looking promising.

Those bastards have a history of turning Cities to rubble !!!

1 Like

People don’t want to work because they make more money on public assistance. That’s why. There are no exceptions. That is the only possible explanation for why even conservatives are telling people they should work instead of be supported. If you’re one of those people, stop whining. No one is trying to force you to work. The idea that people working at a job will actually pay off in the long run is just a ridiculous idea that gets thrown around as a joke that conservatives love to make but, as usual, it’s nothing more than an absurd, self-serving fiction.

How fast can you run?

1 Like

Huh???

Are you for real?

1 Like

“get the clot shot or get fired" has that effect on job rates too. weird

Or be tested regularly and show your non infectious status……