Kamala Harris Announces Run For President

Another Birther… color me surprised.

1 Like

Still didn’t address my point related to Constitutional eligibility requirements.

Keep shilling though…

4 Likes

Exactly. Bring up that there are actual requirements and they start throwing around how you are a birther.

In their view laws, rules, regulations, requirements, etc. are meant to be ignored if you “feel” you want something.

3 Likes

Like the wall - constitutional requirements are immoral :rofl:

1 Like

Define what natural born citizen means?

What is the definition of a natural born citzen according to the constitution?

The Constitution does not define the term.

For natural born, both parents need to be citizens of the US at the time of birth. Her parents were not. She may have been native born, but not natural born.

It goes back to the terms used in English common law at the time the Constitution was written.

Why don’t you tell us? Or are you going to continue asking questions and reply to none?

1 Like

Bingo! You get a cookie.

Is that your made up definition? Or the constitutional one?

I can’t tell you something that doesn’t exist…

Common law in use at the time. The Constitution does not have a definition section.

This is a rhetorical question, correct?:joy:

I know. Someone here wants to pick nits which is their MO.

I’m not playing their bullshit game.

1 Like

What have the courts said over the last 200+ years?

You tell me expert. I’m telling you what natural born means and where it came from. The concept of native born didn’t come into political parlance until the 14th amendment.

Kamala Harris is native born, not natural born. Bottom line.

1 Like

I’m not smart on this… I just asked for the constitutional definition. You said there wasn’t one. So I then asked for what the courts have deemed as the meaning of natural born.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Someone is baiting.

As I said - it came from 18th century English common law. It’s what the Founders understood. There are lots of common law phrases used in the Constitution that people don’t understand today or misinterpret because they don’t have the right context - “well regulated” is a perfect example of this. Anyway, for common law definitions you won’t find case law as it was…wait for it…common law. That means it was a commonly understood and used term. Granted, it may not be commonly understood now but that is completely irrelevant. The intent, context, and usage at the time it was written is all that matters.

1 Like