Jews want Christian Bible censored

That is because the article in the OP was published in 2018 and is not current news.

1 Like

Like Nicherin Daishonin?

Yes…and some of his later followers. Of course, the honest “debate” principles lost their power as time marched on. Today, debate usually leads nowhere without the strict, respectful, spirit of religious debate.

The is very important for the future history of religion.

1 Like

I remember back in the 90’s when attending a Soka Gokkai conference (not sure if I am spelling that correct) where President Ikeda was speaking, the priesthood issue was a conflict everyone was talking about. There was much debate among conflict at that time.

By that time the spirit of debate was lost with both sides and still is. I think it is just a matter of time for that schism to repair itself. That will be particularly important in future debates with other sects and even other religions.

I think this is an incredibly salient point that most people gloss over. ■■■■■■ people who do not practice the ■■■■■■ faith should not be able to wield charges of antisemitism as they do. That should be reserved only for the devout and I think that there would be very low incidents of anti-semitism if that rubric were applied.

However, I think being labeled as anti-Christian should carry the same weight as being labeled as anti-semitic.

4 Likes

I think we are hitting on something that people are generally afraid to talk about. I spent 8 years of my life living and working in New York City and I can tell you that the average non-practicing ■■■■ the guy who has no problem ordering a pineapple pizza with extra ham or eating mussels fra diavlo from the local Italian joint is the same one who will get all pissed off and claim that you are being anti-Semitic when you get into an argument with him over something completely mundane. I’ve experienced this first hand multiple times. It’s a way to stop a conversation that they don’t want to have. The hardcore Orthodox and Hasidic generally kept to their own people and didn’t bother with anyone else. I actually got some good deals down in the diamond district off them as long as I was friendly and willing to haggle…and do the dance around negotiation of price.

2 Likes

Don’t the Hasidics run the camera store B&H photo?

Also on your other point you are correct. I never had a problem with ■■■■■ but I hated the fact while going to Law School there were overwhelmingly more ■■■■■■ holidays than any others.

2 Likes

I almost forgot about those guys. That brought back memories. Yeah, I think they are. Best deals on cameras and lenses in the city.

1 Like

Apparently an Amazon employee just came down with the virus.

Supposedly, it can remain on surfaces for 12 hours and Amazon is so fast with deliveries, B@H might do extra business if people get scared of Amazon packages. I need a new Tripod and I’d rather buy from B@H at this point.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

None of them say it’s calling for censorship. Footnoting is not censorship.

This groups is nuts, they have no right to dictate to other religions how their holy books should be written.

Of course with the idiotic hate speech laws in Europe they may eventually get their way.

There is a term for this. A couple of terms,

I have ordered from them in the past while being overseas and delivery was not only prompt but their service was pretty good too.

1 Like

I used to order from their ads in magazines. Now I always read reviews on their site. I think they used to have a store in Hollywood, but I might be mixing it up with another store that closed down.

They are about to close for two days of Purim mon-wed.

1 Like

■■■■ have no quarrel with the Old Testament, which is a collection of chronicles, prophecies, legal documents and religious texts from Mesopotamia and Egypt, and plain fairy tales.

What ■■■■ have problem with is the New Testament which records the teachings of Jesus and his immediate followers.

Today’s Judaism is based on the Talmud, not the Old Testament. What is the Talmud? It’s a collection of oral teachings of the elders known as the Pharisees, denounced by Jesus.

No wonder they want to ban the Christian Bible.

1 Like
1 Like

I know right! But the greatest ally of the West must never ever be questioned. Ever!

They aren’t calling for the bible to be banned and they’d get laughed off of the continent if they did.

Gee why would Israelis want to send the Muslims to the countries that have been supporting the Muslims and particularly the Palestinians?

Think hard on that one.