Jeb Bush: Trump needs Republican challenger in 2020

Jeb Bush believes a Republican should challenge President Trump for the nomination in 2020 — slamming the president’s “dangerous” policies on trade and other issues.

In the latest salvo between the two former rivals, Bush, who ran unsuccessfully for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, made the comments Saturday during an interview with ex-Obama adviser David Axelrod.

“I think someone should run just because Republicans ought to be given a choice,” Bush said on CNN’s “The Axe Files.” “It’s hard to beat a sitting president, but to have a conversation about what it is to be a conservative, I think it’s important.”

more here:

5 Likes

Well then Jeb should run

3 Likes

So what’s stopping Jeb Bush from running? Other than his low energy, anyway.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Low Energy Jeb, the reject of the Royal Bush Dynasty, raised 130 million and fizzled out in the primaries like an ant under a shoe, what a turd, another Never Trumper like insane dead McCain or Paul Ryan the traitor, or Romney the Fake Mormon, or Turtle McConnell and Gay Boy Graham.

1 Like

Why?

Sixteen Republicans, including Jeb Bush, challenged Trump in 2016 and had their butts handed to them.

A Republican ought to either support Trump or admit to being a “RINO” and leave the party. Trump is the President and should receive the nomination of his party without question.

2 Likes

As someone said, Jeb’s dead father still has more energy than he does.

1 Like

Jeb should brew some wine with all those sour grapes.

This little sissy still can’t over the fact that Trump not only beat him outright but humiliated him.

1 Like

Well since Trump has completely bailed on immigration and building the wall, maybe we will get a challenger who will do that? Trump should be beat out in the primaries. He doesn’t deserve to stay in office. Jeb won’t be that guy and neither will any contemporary Republican.

1 Like

The Republican Party has become a cult and Trump is their cult leader. They don’t want a choice. They just want him. They worship him. It’s pathetic.

1 Like

5 Likes

Yeah, I read that. I wouldn’t mind a primary opponent just to allow Trump to tout his record for contrast to the nitwits running on the dem platform.

1 Like

Japan needs to stop opening his mouth. The only reason he was governor of Florida is because his daddy was president. He needs to stick to what he’s good at, making guacamole and tending to the needs of that midget illegal wife of his.

1 Like

Sorry but we are not in need of family politics.

So what is it?

a) You never get out of the basement?
b) Your computer only accesses liberal sites and this site?
c) Your uninformed?
d) Your indoctrinated?

e) All of the above.

1 Like

I’m im new here, but I’m going to jump right in.

I honestly think Trump is a cancer to the republican party, and I would welcome a competent challenger. It’s hard to ignore his blatant hunger for power, divisive rhetoric and policies, and praise of corrupt foreign dictators.

I also think its disgusting how the party has fallen in line with Trump, defending him at almost every turn. The one positive policy he helped pass, the “tax cut,” was pretty much a scam. The corporate tax cut is permanent, but the individual tax cut will expire in 2025.

4 Likes

I would have been willing to look past ALL of Trump’s shortcomings if he had done two things:

1. Build the Wall
  2. Deport illegals

The fact that neither of those two things happens means I am ready for some new blood. I just doubt we will get anyone with the backbone to save the country.

1 Like
  1. He cant build the wall (maybe he will, he’s making a good effort/show), because the majority of the population doesn’t think thats the solution to our immigration problems.

2. We cant deport all illegals, because many of them are a vital part of our economy. Living in an agricultural community, i know that farmers here would be screwed if all the migrants were deported. This is a failure of our economy and immigration policy, but not all illegals are rapists and murderers. Mass deportation will not solve our problems. We need intelligent discussions and solutions to these things.

If you count yourself among this alleged majority, what is the solution?

We can - it’s a lawful act.

That’s their problem for not mechanizing and automating despite being given subsidies since the dawn of time.

So here you say we need something but don’t describe what that something is. What do you propose?

1 Like