"Islam" is not a screwed up religion. It's the Wahhabism

I question your statistics. Maybe 10-15% are radicalized, ready to enlist in jihad. Another large fraction is OK with that, and would give directions to the jihadist to find the nearest ■■■ or American.

After 9-11, bin Laden was a rock star and had much better than 50% approval in the most populous Islamic countries. Even in western counties, polls of muslims show a large fraction who believe that suicide bombings are OK.

The problem with Islam is that a only small minority are ready to push back on the jihadis. Much too small to be effective. Let them suffer the tyranny of those animals, just keep them contained in their own sewers.

1 Like

Religion versus faith. Religion is man made and fickle, faith in God is universal and unchanging.

1 Like

Then you believe the individual can decide what is moral and what is immoral/sin? How did that sense of morality evolve?

Good choice of ending with a hammer gif, for Islam sees all as nails.

1 Like

There are likely more of these than you think.

Only 10%; well, that’s good news. So only 150,000,000 we must be concerned with. List of Attacks
Last 30 Days
2001 (Post 9/11)

Christ had to die on the cross at the hands of Pilate and the Pharasees to fulfill the prophecy.

Non Crucifixion, no Christianity.

They were doing his own will.

So are your shoes for that matter.

It really boils down to this . . . how can you win against an invisible (no uniforms?) enemy who actually want to be killed in the battle? Answer - you can’t!

1 Like

I daresay there are, but it’s knowing who they are, and being in communication with them?

The Crusades showed the opponents of Islamic conquest how to win. The brutality required is self-destructive and the propaganda battle is pervasive.

It is more about propaganda than it is about fighting. Outremer was lost based on a lie by a traitor in the Kings trusted circle at the Horns of Hattin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hattin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusader_states

Fascinating history that too few read anymore. Islam knows it and teaches it well.

:goat:

You should take the Mensa Test and see if you get invited to join. The only drawback is that wisdom is not directly proportional to IQ.

To be wise concerning any certain aspect of life, you must either trust what you have read or been taught about it…or you must have experienced it yourself.

I think more wisdom comes from experience than from schooling…and it is not limited to adults. I have heard some profound statements of fact from children.

I think it’s safe to say that a lot has changed since 1187?? I sure do agree with your last sentence though. We only have to see the inside of a madrassa in full spate to realise that; there’s an example in Bitter Lake.

Agree that, and everything that follows it. ‘Life experience’ is more relevant than knowing how many beans make 5. I’m certainly no scholar, but I’ve been curious and aware all my life (so far? lol), and in all aspects of my experiences.

2 Likes

Yes. Being highly educated relates to the volume of information that you retain. Being wise relates to your knowing how to best use it.

Often it is wise to hold your tongue…or to do nothing.

2 Likes

Aside: if you ever have an issue teaching a kid about division talk about different football scenarios where their favorite team is behind … and then once they’ve correctly said how many touchdowns or field goals it will take to come back you can show them how they just used math. They’ll have division licked in no time.

“Islam” is not a screwed up religion. It’s the Wahhabism

That’s a patently erroneous statement; a notion reinforced by endless Al Ikhwan (Muslim Brotherhood) and Sufi propaganda. As well as Shia Islam.

Please watch David Wood’s videos here:

Actually it is an inherent problem with the three “Abrahamic” religions.
None of them is monotheistic, really.
Christianity is not a monotheistic religion and everyone knows it, but

The Sunni and Shiite are basically two different religions.

Since you made such a controversial claim. Define monotheism?

Belief in one god. What else?

Nonetheless, if you read the Old Testament, Yahweh does not deny the existence of other gods and is “jealous.”