Immigration Fraudster Ilhan Omar demands Biden and Schumer to disregard parliamentarian on immigration

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) is calling on Democratic leaders to disregard a recent ruling by the Senate parliamentarian disallowing prominent immigration reforms — a key element of the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion domestic agenda — to be included in the massive package.

The ruling by Senate parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough, announced Sunday evening, marked a sharp setback to President Biden 's first-year agenda, which includes an effort to provide green cards to millions of immigrants.

Omar, a member of the informal liberal group known as the squad, suggested Monday that the best way to respond to the ruling is simply to ignore it.

“This ruling by the parliamentarian, is only a recommendation. @SenSchumer and the @WhiteHouse can and should ignore it,” Omar tweeted, referring to Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.). “We can’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to do the right thing.”

Biden, on the campaign trail, had made immigration reform a major priority after a string of previous administrations have promised — and failed — to overhaul an immigration system that all sides maintain is broken.

As part of the $3.5 trillion spending bill currently moving its way through Congress, Democrats are attempting to do just that. Their package includes provisions providing legal status, and the potential for eventual citizenship, for millions of undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children. The legislation would also provide green cards to other groups of immigrants, including farmworkers and those who have been granted Temporary Protected Status due to perilous conditions in their home countries.

Yet MacDounough found that those policy changes flout the Senate’s reconciliation rules, which Democrats are tapping to move the $3.5 trillion package without Republican support.

“The policy changes of this proposal far outweigh the budgetary impact scored to it and it is not appropriate for inclusion in reconciliation,” she wrote in the ruling.

Omar was not alone in criticizing the guidance. Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said he’s “deeply disappointed” in the ruling, and vowed to find other ways to get Biden’s immigration agenda enacted.

“Senate Democrats have prepared alternate proposals and will be holding additional meetings with the Senate parliamentarian in the coming days,” Schumer said in a statement.

It’s hardly the first time MacDonough has frustrated Democrats with her rule-making — nor the first time liberals have pushed back with recommendations to dismiss her.

In February, MacDonough issued guidance preventing Democrats from including a mandatory $15 minimum wage in an enormous package providing economic and health care relief from the coronavirus pandemic. The move brought howls from progressives, who wrote to Biden urging him to “refute” the ruling and press ahead with the wage hike.

He declined, and the wage remains at $7.25 per hour.

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1439753403475836929?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1439753403475836929|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsbreak.com%2Fnews%2F2377816002471%2Fomar-urges-biden-schumer-to-disregard-parliamentarian-on-immigration
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/573007-omar-urges-biden-schumer-to-disregard-parliamentarian-on-immigration

1 Like

Of course this brotherfucker wants to break the rules. That’s how she got into this country and stayed in this country…along with the rest of her perverted family.

Here’s the thing Ilhan Omar - you shouldn’t try to jam shit into a spending bill that contravenes existing US law, dumb bitch.

2 Likes

Even more proof that democrats care more about illegals than they do for Americans. They’d rather spend money helping them instead of helping our own citizens - with the tax dollars we all paid!

1 Like

1 Like

Bidets Immigration Policy. COME ONE, COME ALL ,YOUR PAST FELONIES DON’T MATTER.

1 Like

Nope, that’s not in it. And after four years of bitching at me for calling trump names, you begin every post disrespecting Biden. Makes no difference to me, Biden’s a public figure and better have broad shoulders, I just don’t care for the hypocrisy of it all….

You can bitch at everyone calling Biden names. Who cares?

Name calling is the least of our worries as Biden is actively plunging this country into the abyss.

I didn’t bitch about everyone calling Biden names…
Maybe you should read my post again….image

Why is the credible claim that Omar married her brother not being investigated, or has it?! If she did it, she must lose her citizenship and her elected position!

1 Like

Deep state. How do we have open borders and we have no protection… deep state

1 Like

The department of justice and the FBI don’t operate on rumors….

Who needs rules and laws when it gets in the way of Democrat agendas. Those rules and laws are only in place to get in the way of Republican agendas.

I urge Omar to send herself back to Somalia before she’s charged with committing Immigration fraud by marrying her brother so he could get citizenship.

Like most Democrats…Omar is so emboldened as to think that the check-and-balance process to keep our government in check is just a suggestion that can be put aside when it doesn’t fit her agenda.

Reason number one for overturning this government.
No justice under the law for Americans. We are second class to Democrats who control the justice department.

Pot, meet Kettle.

1 Like

Right - they operate on edicts from the DNC. They are political hacks. Nothing more.

1 Like

Explain my hypocrisy if you can……

I called Trump names for four years and he regularly bitched at me for doing so and said I should respect the office….

I don’t care that you guys call Biden names, he’s a public figure and is fair game….

Oh ok.

Well if the DOJ and FBI take orders from the DNC and if the DNC has the power to steal elections and the best you can do is bitch about it, you’re fucked……

That was trumps attitude towards the DOJ for 4 years….