I'm fed up with the poor in America

Since the 10th Amendment actually forbids these federal programs we can cut them off and remove their motivation for coming while honoring the Constitution.

People’s circumstances are not amendments.

1 Like

Their children are citizens the moment they are born on US soil and they are eligible for benefits regardless of the parents citizenship.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the 10th but it in no way addresses welfare and of course the constitution leave all immigration matters up to the Executive Branch of the FG.

Yes, the 10th does address welfare.

There is no delegated power for federal welfare and it is therefore forbidden.

The 10th is inclusive of all possible powers besides the few actually delegated to the federal.

1 Like

IT’s been held up under the general welfare clause numerous times so it would take an amendment to change that.

Incorrect.

The opinions of the Court are not valid to alter and expand the agreed to meaning of the Constitution.

It is worse than a solemn mockery to require officials to take an oath to uphold the Constitution and then require them to close their eyes to to Constitution and see only the opinions of the Court.

1 Like

Yet is is they who have the final word… .

Incorrect.

It is not a power delegated to the Court. We were not to have federal judge made law.

The SCOTUS according to the US Constitution is the final word on all constitutional questions.

Incorrect.

The Court is not delegated that power. No where will you find one word about it having the final say. Not one word.

If you were being honest you would say the Court according to the Court has the final say.

1 Like

Article III Section II.

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution,

The “judicial power” is not in all circumstances whatsoever. It does not, for example, let the Court endow itself with additional powers. A “case” is not an amendment process and it matters not one jot what is argued to say it should have such potency for that would not be arising under the Constitution but only from that case.

In fact the Court simply plays no role in the Amendment process, any Amendment process.

The SCOTUS can’t rule on anything unless a case has been brought before the court.

I believe they can apply if under “refugee” or “asylum” status.

First, please pardon me for replying late on this post. I just came across it while reading some posts.

Second, I commend you for doing your part volunteering at your local soup kitchen. I do the same thing. I volunteer at least on the weekend nights. So, I see a lot of different people from all walks of life.

Third, I am sure you are not alone when it comes to be “fed up with the poor in America”.
It is due to many life elements. Too many to list here. Having said that, it is and has been, a never-ending epidemic no matter what country you are in. It’s not just in America, too! But just about every country faces this consequential situation. We can all blame Government. We can blame broken families. We can blame about anything we want.
But the way I see it…

No matter how fed up you or anyone may be…you can only do so much. Instead of seeing this as a negative vibe, be the Inspiration to someone. Even if it is just one person. Or a small group. They may have issues. But they are human beings, too!
Put yourself in their shoe…instead of “looking down at them”. And do what you can possibly do.

1 Like

Always remember 1 very important thing.

People make choices and there are consequences to every choice. In Denver the homeless has gotten younger as POT is readily available. Many chose the homeless lifestyle as they do not want to participate in society. Others are not so lucky and it’s the only way they can exist. Realizing the 2 choices is paramount in helping others.

1 Like

Oh absolutely! Choices we all make are paramount. Whether we “choose” to help others or not. I have seen people who help others. But no one will help them.

1 Like

It’s interesting.

I have a townhome my daughter lives in. Many of the residents here are older and unable to do things for themselves. I go out of my way to help many of them from home repairs to just general clean up around their homes. Many are grateful for the help yet a few could care less and struggle to exist. I tend to help those that are grateful more than the others.

I often wonder do they ignore the help as they feel they are obligated or do they really not care?

1 Like

You are a good man. I do what I can when I am not working. I volunteer for a couple of soup kitchens. One during the week and another during the weekend. I see how people try to cope with every day problems. Most that I meet are good people. They just made stupid decisions.
But I also see and hear other people complain daily how they will try to pay their next bill(s). Or feed their family. Which I can truly understand. But I believe it is up to us - not the government to help us in dire times.

First off I don’t look down on them. I do at times shake my head in disbelief.

There are some folks that fall on bad times that need help to dig their way out and to get back on their feet. You can spot these people right off, it’s not that hard to see those that really need the help and want to do better.

Then we have those that are quite content living the way they do. They have become very proficient at working the system. It was ingrained into them by their parent or parents. It has become to them a normal lifestyle. These are the people that need a swift kick in the ass.

1 Like