Illegal Immigration--It's About Power

But you didn’t provide a link to it. Just because it says BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS at the bottom doesn’t mean it’s genuine.

2 Likes

^^^^ Truth. …

Screenshot_1

?? Think about that.

2 Likes

It probably has a whole lot to do with the fact that over half all immigrants and over 75% of "immigrant families on some form of welfare which conservatives and most republicans strongly oppose.

Democrats however are cutting their own political throats with the war on The Catholic Church since the vast majority of Latinos and Hispanics of all sources are Catholic.

It helps when you change “full time” from 40hrs to 30hrs a week.

But that’s not what happened… full time is more than 35 hours in a week.

Obamacare changed the definition from 40hrs to 30hrs and your “chart” only shows changes in employment status not reflecting first time employees or those who’s status hasn’t’ otherwise changed.

Even if we accept the chart as true there was a massive decrease in full time employment from 2009-2011 directly in concert with the passage and implementation of Obamacare.

3 Likes

Full-time workers (Current Population Survey and American Time Use Survey)

Persons who work 35 hours or more per week.

https://www.bls.gov/bls/glossary.htm

Why are you bringing up the BLS again? We’re talking about the law. The law was already quoted above. Under the law 30 hours is the “full time equivalent.” Not 35.

30 or more. Not 35. If you’re going to try to defend something, at least use the correct source.

2 Likes

I know what ACA says. I am quoting BLS because they are the ones that publish the labor stats like the ones used in the chart I posted. To BLS a full time employee is 35 or more hours. If they are under 35 hrs, then they are counted as part time FOR THE PURPOSES OF BLS.

ACA didn’t change labor laws. ACA didn’t change the overall definition for full time work. It set a threshold for a small business to start providing healthcare.

Again, we’re not talking about labor laws. We’re not talking about the BLS definition. We’re talking about the ACA and what it says under THAT law. What? Can’t you stay on topic to defend it? Instead you’re bringing up every red herring you can think of to derail the thread. As usual. :roll_eyes:

TWR changed the topic not me. He referenced ACA, not me.

The post he replied to was my chart showing full time vs part time growth YoY. My chart had ZERO to do with ACA. To my chart…TWR said “Obamacare made full time go from 40 to 30 hours”

I was simply correcting him by providing the BLS definition of full time that they use for their data… their data was used in the chart I posted.

So that is why I keep going back to BLS. Got it?

We know. At least you’re consistent. :roll_eyes:

That doesn’t even make sense. This is where you walk back your dumbass comment. You trying to be a hero for TWR is making you look silly.

Admit I didn’t bring up ACA. Come on, I know you can do it.

Never said you did. I know who brought up the ACA. I also know why you don’t want to discuss it but are deflecting to everything under the sun BUT that instead. Imagine that.

I don’t want to discuss it because it was irrelevant to the post TWR replied to. His reply had nothing to do with the BLS data in that chart.

Which is fitting since the BLS chart had nothing to do with the post before it that you were supposedly responding to. Go figure. I mean you even admitted it.

You really are bad at this. Maybe you should stop spending so much time projecting and actually spend more time trying to be part of the discussion. There’s a thought.

Sigh… I asked you and another poster to provide full time vs part time YoY to defend your stance that Obama only created part time jobs. You didn’t… so I took upon myself to provide a chart that shows Obama’s created FAR more full time job, than part time.

BLS defines full time as 35 hours a week.

That is true. Pragmatic is wrong…again.

Though I am semi retired, I still collect a salary for 30 hours a week and get all the benefits of a full time employee because I am considered to be a full time employee.

How Many Hours Is Considered Full-Time Employment?

Short answer: Full-time employment is usually considered between 30-40 hours a week, while part-time employment is usually less than 30 hours a week.

Long answer: The answer is not quite as simple as it sounds. Here’s why. The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) has no definition for part-time or full-time employment, and employers may determine their own definitions. However, according to the IRS, for purposes of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the following definition is used:

A full-time employee is, for a calendar month, an employee employed on average at least 30 hours of service per week, or 130 hours of service per month.

3 Likes

The only person to make that claim was you. Another strawman argument as well as a deflection from what the rest of us were actually discussing. You have so many. It’s almost like a pattern or something…

And I provided a sourced study that said 95% of jobs created under Obama were either part time or contract “gigs”. What did you provide? An unsourced chart you claimed proved your point. It wasn’t even clear where the data for your chart was coming from. Try harder.

2 Likes