Illegal Immigration--It's About Power

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/us/politics/karen-pence-school-lgbt-ban.html

When did this become shameful and horrific?

1 Like

Perhaps they are looking for handouts for ā€œtheir peopleā€ā€¦just as Al and Jesse claim to do.

1 Like

This is exactly what this country needs to challenge what they believe versus what they are told to believe.

Remove the candidateā€™s name and political party. Make the person thinkā€¦ think, thinkā€¦What do I believe in when my talking point safety nets are removed.

You are moving the goalposts of the discussion once again.

I have been speaking of illegal immigrants who are legalized and first time voters. As a first time voter they are shown to vote as democrats.

As they get their feet on the ground financially, as I stated, it could be that the democrat message more resonates with a hand out message.

The rest isnā€™t relevant to the discussion. Do you think Nancy Pelosi needs a hand out? What party do you think she votes for?

He is moving the goal postsā€¦ How and why upper and middle class black people vote is not the topic of this discussion.

1 Like

Maybe but there are more white people in need of ā€œhandoutsā€ than black people.

No, I am trying to debunk the handout argument. You mentioned that ā€œonce they get on their feetā€ the republican policies are better for them. Iā€™m arguing that whether they are first time voters or notā€¦ Mexicans tend to lean towards liberal even went they are older and ā€œon their feetā€.

Which is why I keep saying that the rhetoric is the problem.

Take away party affiliation and you still have a rhetoric problem.

That is not what I said:

I donā€™t disagree that rhetoric is the problem.

When people have been surveyed and asked who they most strongly agree with not knowing who said it or which party said it, their opinions are not as predictable or as consistent as they would be had they known the party affiliation first.

1 Like

That generalization doesnā€™t work. Do black people generally feel they are owed for 400 years of slavery and another 100 of Jim Crow-type policy?

Yes, not for themselves.

Because there are more white people period. Way to blow white privilege out of the water though.

1 Like

Some do , but most vote republican

Most blacks vote Democrat for whatever reasons, the blacks who are successful that votes republican are often shamed on social media.

Here is a prime example take a look at Dr.Ben Carson, a world class surgeon, if that man was a democrat, he would be hailed as a hero, had schools named after him , maybe Obama would have pushed for a national day in his honour.

The left calls him dumb for being a republican but hail Hillary as a hero a woman who doesnā€™t know the difference between her government email and personal email.

as in for the handout, you know the democrats under LBJ started this trend right? and its continued today.

I donā€™t know. Not sure why this is relevant.

White privilege isnā€™t about moneyā€¦

Dr Ben Carson would never be accepted as a Democrat because his ideology is conservative. Black people donā€™t just accept any black person put in front of them as a candidate. If that where the case Al sharpton and Jessi Jackson would have done a lot better.

This actually proves my point that itā€™s the rhetoric and policies of conservatives that is the problem.

That wasnā€™t my point , but thanks for playing, I will send the home version of the game tomorrow.

Black people obviously accepted Obama the great who ran around and shouted from the mountain tops that he is african american because he daddy was african

Al Sharpton and the other fraud Jackson was accepted by democrat blacks but they were shunned by liberal white voters.

They are not appealing because of their race baiting , Obama was smart enough to hide it until he was elected and re elected the second time.

Conservative ideology is part of the problem, liberal leftist media has done a bang up job making Conservatives look evil, like how the republicans used to win by making the Communist look evil.
This is how Eisenhower won, Nixon and Reagan, Bush 41 rode on Reagan coat tails until he decided to go on his own and introduce his Bush domestic policy which was disastrous.

Clinton only won because Ross perot stole a lot of the Republican votes.

Bush 43 won because the country was sick of the Clinton scandals,

Obama won because they were pissed at Bush 43

Trump won because he exposed Hillary and the Democrats as the treacherous bastards they are.

4 Likes

No that was your point. You trotted out Ben Carson and said black people donā€™t like him. I just pointed out the obvious that black people donā€™t like him because of his ideology/party policies.

Cons have a rhetoric problem. Fix the rhetoric then maybe brown people will begin to listen.

Thatā€™s why the left doesnā€™t want to bring back jobs and manufacturing. Jobs and ability for economic advancement threatens that dependency.

Remember what I said few years ago. In order to create new conservatives we must bring jobs back. And of course libs rejected that notion.

3 Likes