How much of the bible is real history?

If you could point to something and say “there- that’s God” then we could move to the next step of asking what it is and how it works.

And I’m not all that sure that they know exactly why the sun does what it does. We have theories that tie a lot of pieces together, but it’s all deduction - you can’t just go and inspect it at night and test the theories. We aren’t even sure what’s going on below us 100 miles. If we ever invent materials good enough to go and measure things where lava exists, that would be great scientifically and it would also let us tap energy there in great abundance.

That’s not how igtheism works. You first define it, then you find it.

You really dont seem to be an igtheist.

You don’t know what my ilk is yet you presume to know what that is! Also you stated above that you are a believer so what the hell that means if you are not a Christian, yet you seem to want to defend that doctrine, talk about being a contradiction.

Again you do much to presume that I haven’t fought in a war or wars or for that matter that I wasn’t a soldier in the US military. How do you know this to be true? Do you know my personal experience and history? And yes I can boast about living in Asia, because I am fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, and know the culture intimately and its history, so when I say you make assertions based on shear ignorance you have no idea what you are talking about when its evident when you make statements based on false equivalencies I am pretty confident that I am correct in my views.

My logic is valid due to the fact you have no real world experience of living in Asia and knowing of its culture, nor speak the language or its history such as I do and no I will not drop the issue of it, because your suppositions that you made is based on what you read on the internet that only makes you look like your are just trying to assert yourself as being knowledgeable on the subjectmatter without any substance to back it up, instead you return with the same nonsense to stroke your own ego into thinking you do know.

I made no contradictory statements History bears out the facts of Christianity’s role in it, and the fact you could not provide any proof of Buddhists starting wars in the name of Buddhism but instead present a false equivalency from the start only shows you are grasping at straws. You do much to discredit your own narrative in this pissing contest you started.

You might do much to ask questions first to gather more information before making broad assumptions about someone or what they know instead of jumping to conclusions like you did with Sam earlier. You kind of come off as a arrogant jackass for doing so! So let me not stop you if that is your intent by continuing to make a fool of your self!

Why do you think that giving “God” a masculine identity is better? Is it not a human term, therefore is contradictory to what God is suppose to be?

Why do you think if God is lets say a living energy that it would be an unknowable thing? If people say they have a relationship with God then does it matter whether that God is a male or a female? Furthermore, it is understood that seeing or understanding God’s true nature is an incomprehensible concept to man, so is it not out of the realm of possibilities that to look at God as an infinite being such as what the Universe is not a consideration?

Why do you think that Humans would not have any idea what a Omniscient or omnipotent being is? By putting forth that statement aren’t you suggesting that man is inferior to grasp that concept altogether?

I am not familiar with the term “igtheism”.

Alterboy …
You believe what the priests say.

Alter Boy? Yeah! Thats the best you got? GTFU!

I got news for you, you are not as smart as you think you are! Now go fist yourself!

Yeah dude. When Christians have said “we go to war for Christ” … you believe them without questioning. Good alterboy.

But in fact, they went to war for the same reasons everyone else goes to war.

Again you making a complete fool of yourself! You have no idea what I think or believe! Did you bother to ask? Uh No! You are just making broad assumptions! Nice try!

How much of the bible is real history?

My initial post stands true. There no determinable answer to this question. Staunch believers will say it is all true…others will say none of it is true.

However, the opinions being presented here are interesting.

Carry on. :innocent:

1 Like

The first crusade was fought to take back territory from the Turks. But since documents show that the pope said it was a holy war, you obviously believed it was a holy war. Good alterboy… believing the pope with the faith of a child.

Blah, blah.blah YAWN! More psycho babble bullshit! Calling me a alterboy only makes you a bigger idiot than you are already are! You know nothing about me or my beliefs! Try again little fella!

So… why was the first crusade fought?

For Christ or for land?

And while you are pondering the first crusade, you can list the wars that would not have been fought if the combatants had not been Christian.

How about you provide credible proof instead putting up wikipedia as your source to back up your statement? If you can’t answer the original question I posed to you, I am under no obligation to indulge you in your nonsense of whimsical fantasies!

How about you elaborate on your qualifications to understand warfare.

Houston, I think we have a problem. Our expert on Christian and Buddhist wars knows nothing about war.

I don’t need to. You can go to my previous posts here to know who I am. What are your qualifications? Zero!

Says the internet Camel Jockey!

My qualifications? Qualifications for finding and pulling the right threads of an argument to completely unravel those that have no merit? Those qualifications?

Well… you are my greatest work of art in a long time. Take a bow.

1 Like

Where is that? What Wikipedia? Yeah OK!