How much of the bible is real history?

By the way… are you sorry now that you threw the first punch here?

Nope, because truth is you are just an immature moron who BTW has no merit in the arguments you made! Again where are your links?

And you want a battle of the links. LoL.

A real debater would go man to man. You want links. :rofl:

Dr. :joy:

No thank you! I am done wasting my time with ignorant idiots like you! I got better things to do! I pretty much proved my point, and I have nothing to prove to you! The reality is you are nobody, nobody important!

Buddha would agree…

The Bible shouldn’t be taken as a historical account. Some of it is spiritual teaching, others are ideas cast as metaphors, and so on. The Bible isn’t necessary for believing in the existence of God though. Theologians and philosophers have put forward arguments for the existence of a prime mover, the Monad, The Absolute, and those are just three of the names that have been used to refer to the same thing.

I was raised a Christian and I never abandoned my belief in the divine despite abandoning some tenets of my particular denomination. I couldn’t tell you why my belief in it never shook, but it was solidified after I finally understood one of the particular arguments for God’s existence.

1 Like

They post like botflies
In political bullpen
With wings of hatred

Darnit, I wanted to be an igtheist so much. Can I be an ignostic?

1 Like

For having a sense of humor, I grant you that wish. Bless you, my son.

So sayeth the all-knowing Samm, who knows the original nature of God, renowned Bible scholar, and keeper of all Bible prophesy.

Interestingly, without the swarms of biting gnats (BNN), I am learning things about my friends that I never knew.

Interesting work here.

DrM is certainly no MrM… :wink:

That sort of response is rather unbecoming for you.

I probably have the same general opinions as that guy Manhattan, but with one big difference: I don’t see any point to being obnoxious to Christians just because they want to believe things I don’t think are persuasive.

The Bible contains portions of our history that survived the consequences of the Younger Dryas Event(s).

The books are considered holy for reasons that have been lost to the evolution of our language.

1 Like

Why couldn’t God be both? If God is omnipresent, as the Bible states, why would God need to be a physical being at all? Maybe God is like the Force, all around us, penetrating us, and binding us together. Certainly makes more sense than the boatload of contradictions put forth by organized religion. God is supposed to be good but allows evil to exist. Nay created evil. (Since God created all things.) Wouldn’t that make God beyond the human concept of morality? The problem is all religions are creating God in the image of man when scripture says we are created in God’s image. I’m an agnostic and I don’t buy that bs for a minute just because it’s popular. Common sense dictates something had to create us. Nothing says that something is the God portrayed by organized religion. If anything, there is more evidence that following organized religion is straying from the true path we’re supposed to be on.

Consciousness (the circle) precedes measurement (the square).

True, but what is the point of Christians being obnoxious in return?

There’s lots of obnoxious people out there, people who like being obnoxious. Usually, I stay out of such things in the religion topic, but…I do feel justified to act on the principle that if you dish it out you should be able to take it, too. Usually it’s in politics where someone likes insulting Trump supporters, for instance. If a Christian wants to insult all non-believers, they’d better be prepared for some blowback.

1 Like

Well, this was not supposed to be a religious discussion, but it was inevitable that it would become so.

1 Like

Pleasant to meet you.

Being an evangelical, I certainly like to talk about Jesus and the faith, but being reformed, it is not my job to convince you.

I do find pleasant discussion of challenging topics with reasonable people to be interesting and thought provoking for all.

You made my day. :slight_smile: