Houston Rainwater Flooding 2019: What Happens When Libertarian Policies Meet the Third World Hordes

This is not intended to discuss blacks fleeing Katrina or whathaveyou. This is about Houston proper.

So, Houston, one of the triad of major cities in Texas, has no zoning laws. (libertarian wet dream). I’m not opposed to that per-se. But it also is one of the closest major cities and subject to an influx of infinite immigrants from south of the border and blacks flooded out of Louisiana.

The result is white flight. Why does this matter? White flight leads to people developing what were rice farms. The granaries are still there, usually re-purposed for boat storage. But the houses flood, and everyone wonders “why oh why do all these houses flood global warming!”

No, you idiots, you replaced a rice field with a housing development. The grain fields are meant to flood. And that affects adjacent places because your flooded slab reduces rain water control.

2 Likes

Do people in Texas not look up flood history when they’re buying a home?

It’s one of the first things I did before I purchased my home.

I also talked to locals about potential flooding in surrounding neighborhoods.

They’re not the only ones. Plenty of states where rivers rise, flood, and they still rebuild their shit in the same flood zone.

It’s like living building a house in the middle of tornado alley and then being surprised that your house got completely wrecked by a tornado. But then you decide to blame your bad decision making on climate change, so it’s all good and you are absolved.

None of that is true. Houston has extensive zoning laws and has been run mostly by liberal democrats for decades.

Houston is built on a combination of flood plains and swamp/bayou.

Your odds of having a home hit in tornado are astronomically small actually. If you live in Houston you’re guranteed a big flood about every 5-7 years at most and a serious flood about once a decade.

Extensive :rofl:

There you go. Spreading your bullshit around again. You are the damn expert on every subject. You are dead wrong about this one (which is not a surprise).

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/state-local-politics/349021-opinion-dont-blame-houstons-lack-of-zoning-laws-for

2 Likes

When did these “extensive” zoning laws that you speak of get put into place? They weren’t in place from 2015-2017 when I lived there.

Here you go dumbfuck.

https://library.municode.com/search?stateId=43&clientId=2679&searchText=Zoning&contentTypeId=CODES

No need for name calling.

Don’t throw crap and it won’t come back.

https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/111709

Instead of calling it “zoning” specifically Houston has extensive ordinances and and regulations.

http://houstontx.gov/planning/DevelopRegs/

He said you were an expert on every subject. That’s a compliment. :rofl:

Your opinion is duly noted and will be given all the deference it is due.

How would I know anything about Houston? I spent five days a week in Houston for six years.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m a native Houstonian and everyone knows Houston has no zoning. You should probably look a little closer at the links you posted because the City of Houston says right on the website that they HAVE NO ZONING.

The city of Houston does not have zoning but development is governed by codes that address how property can be subdivided. The City codes do not address land use.

This thread was specifically about land use and the lack of zoning related to flooding from rainwater. You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about. I doubt you’ve ever even been to Houston despite claiming to have worked there for 6 years.

6 Likes

I’ve already posted all of the relevant links. I know exactly what I’m talking about.

From the City of Houston website that you posted:

The city of Houston does not have zoning

Dafuq? How?

The relevant links you posted all show that Houston has no zoning laws. There is a letter from the City of Houston that says there is no zoning. Here’s the letter:

2019-coh-no-zoning-letter.pdf (2.0 MB)

If you know exactly what you’re talking about why don’t you share it with the rest of us so we can all be on the same page?