House slated to vote on most significant gun control bill in years

Anyone this ignorant should be banned from the internet.

1 Like

Brilliant! … more characters.

I think this is the most important difference between Swiss gun laws and US gun laws.:

Swiss authorities decide on a local level whether to give people gun permits. They also keep a log of everyone who owns a gun in their region, known as a canton, though hunting rifles and some semiautomatic long arms are exempt from the permit requirement.

But cantonal police don’t take their duty dolling out gun licenses lightly. They might consult a psychiatrist or talk with authorities in other cantons where a prospective gun buyer has lived before to vet the person.

Some lawmakers in US states including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Rhode Island are considering a similar model.

Even gun threads become racist chest thumping threads here…

We should adopt the same model for speech and voting.

Has the excercise of those rights led to epidemic level deaths?

bq-5c7c97a3abf1e

2 Likes

Why are you posting this to me? I was not suggesting outlawing guns. I was pointing out the Swiss model which results in high fun ownsehipe and low murder rates.

Woah…looks like the bot is malfunctioning today.

Lol. Fat fingers + phone = typos.

Personal gun ownership is at the very foundation of our country. That’s different than the Swiss or any other country in Europe. Your comparisons are completely irrelevant.

2 Likes

Did you read the article? Guns are woven into true fabric of Swiss life.

It is not Switzerland’s gun laws that result in a low murder rate. Switzerland is a highly homogeneous society that is also highly regulated and they have been for centuries. Their system works well for them because they have been indoctrinated into it for generations.

1 Like

Yes, but not even remotely in the same manner as in the US. And of course there is also that little thing called the 2nd Amendment …

1 Like

So? Guns are woven into the fabric of many cultures and civilizations. The relationship that America has with guns is unique. The government has no right to infringe on ownership. Why, you might ask? Because the founders hated the notion of a big tyrannical government. What’s the best way to prevent a government from stepping too far? An armed population.

The Swiss enjoy firearms related competition and target shooting - not the same.

How would the Swiss model of local licensing and follow up offend our constitution?

How would their method of local licensing offend theb2nd amendment?

Sure, virtually every war we have ever been in have been the result of both speech and voting.

It would be an infringement on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

“Shall not be infringed.”

1 Like