House approves spending bill with $5.7B for border wall

Liberal talking points. It doesn’t matter what Trump said before the House vote, (remember Pelosi saying “he doesn’t have the votes”) once they passed what Trump asked for, the control shifted to the Senate, which is controlled by the Democrats because of the 60 vote threshold. The Democrats now own the shutdown regardless of Trump’s willingness to shut it down if the funding he requested is not budgeted.

In fact, a government shut-down is always in the hands of Congress unless the President vetos their budget appropriation bill. But until that passed bill reached his desk, the lack of a funds to operate the government lies entirely with Congress … in this case, since it passed in the House, the Senate Democrats.

Trump’s talking points you mean.

Although I can understand how you’d confuse the two.

Nope … the left-wing Media just can’t stop beating the “Trump said” drum.

The facts are as I stated them. The President cannot shut down the government without vetoing a budget appropriations bill passed by both houses of Congress. Currently that bill sits in the Senate at the mercy of the Democrats. FACTS not rhetorical bull shit.

Again, not disagreeing with you that Donald is often full of little but rhetorical bullshit.

Yes he is, but I was talking about the liberal media whose talking points you were parroting. The facts were coming from me.

Yes but what I was parroting were Donald’s words.

And allowing 24 million illegals into our Country isn’t the way a border is supposed to work . Setting up sanctuary Cities in VIOLATION of our LAWS isn’t the way a State is supposed to operate . Legalizing drugs isn’t the way a State should operate . Refusing to cooperate with ICE isn’t the way a State is supposed to operate . When Obama gave his , we must not allow illegals to enter our Country the dems applauding

1 Like

And Trump should demand their return and make them stay until they fix this mess.

1 Like

Why? They aren’t ready to deal.

Because they should be forced to miss the holidays until they are ready to do their job.

Personally I see no real propaganda victory for repugs to stay. Go home and make it clear to their constituents that democrats aren’t serious about securing our border.

It simply does not matter who’s words you are parroting. The fact remains that the shutdown belongs to the Senate Democrats, regardless of any statement that Trump or anyone else has made on the matter. It is solely the responsibility of Congress to pass appropriation bills, and now that the House has passed one, it falls entirely on the Senate to finish the job.

That is not really the issue. We are talking about the Senate passing the budget to end the shutdown of the government. The disagreement on the budget may be about funding for the wall, but that is not the cause of the shutdown. The cause is entirely the Democrats not wanting to give Trump a win on anything. Going nuclear to pass the bill may get it passed (assuming all Republicans vote yes) but it will not stop Democrat obstruction and it won’t have an immediate effect on illegal immigration. It’s just another political skirmish that the country must endure.

You can lead a horse to water, but …

It simply does not matter that it’s the president’s words I’m parroting? Mind you don’t pull a muscle carrying that much water for this Trumpster fire. :wink:

No it doesn’t matter. No matter how much he bloviated before the House vote, Trump does not have the power to shut down the government until the Senate passed the budget appropriations. That is a fact, spelled out quite specifically in the Constitution.

Are the democrats willing to compromise?

They originally offered 1.6 billion and withdrew the offer.

That’s compromise democrat style.

And especially when you have every dems in Congress and the Senate who agree to RESIST at all costs !!!

Kind of reminds everyone of your posts.

Thanks for reading, Lou.