House approves spending bill with $5.7B for border wall

BREAKING House lawmakers tired of waiting on Senate went home for the night. The shutdown will begin at midnight as the House won’t be back in session til tomorrow

At the end of shift and when steam horn blow…repugs should have gone home for the holidays.

Why bother…what’s the worst ca libs do? Complain that repugs don’t care? They do that now.

1 Like

The only way this gets approved in the senate is with the nuclear option.

1 Like

Barbaric? Do tell… . What exactly is barbaric in limiting legal abortion to 20 weeks in most cases?

If not for the 24hr deluge of news no one would even notice except for the federal employees who will be getting a paid vacation.

That would be priceless. McConnell hasn’t got the stones to do it.

Thankyou “Moderate Mitch”.

Senate Republicans have a choice. Fire the filibuster. Or fire McConnell. If no leader in the Senate shows up to do so, Reps will lose the Senate in 2020. So Cruz, Lee, anyone? Did you learn anything from Trump? We’re waiting.

1 Like

Democrats own this shutdown. Once again they put foreigners before us!

1 Like

Not really, they are putting pure partisan politics over the good of the country.

All of the democratic leaders were for building a wall until it’ became “Trump’s Big Issue”.

This is all about trying to frustrate his agenda to claim a win at any cost.

1 Like

Trump needs a speech writer and a coach to he him deliver a blistering prime time address about those who care little about border security or national sovereignty. These people like to joke about trumps wall when they have spent the past 40 years jacking around with illegal immigration and border security… to include millions on a border wall that can be cleared by one guy giving another a ‘boost’. He needs a good speech writer though because people are tiring of his campaign style speeches… Its time to use the bully pulpit as it was intended to be used.

I read this a couple of days back… it is relevant

1 Like

Not if it is done right, a simple majority well do .

When Trump is out on his rallies he can be Trump, his normal self. But you’re right, he does need a good speech writer when addressing the nation.

This is my problem with Trump, IMO there is a gold mine here…well one of couple that can bury the progressive movement and Trump hasn’t taken advantage of it.

Other big one is trade and blue collar workers…both issues could bury the democrat party.

So it’s not just the democrats but those that are seeking to undermine Trump within the republican party as well. He own the platform as long as message is clear and precise.

It is obviously much easier to campaign than govern.

True, It’s easier to start a job then to finish one. :wink:

He could try using visual aids… posters, graphics, carefully checked facts with name and dates, etc kinda like Ross Perot did… or even in the manner of Glenn Beck. It is not his style but maybe he could expand his repertoire of styles.

Trump said he was proud to own the shutdown. Moreover? This little gem from a Fox & Friends phone interview in 2013:

“When they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about the head of the House, the head of the Senate.”

That same year he tweeted this: “Leadership: whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.”

I agree with 2013 Trump that 2018 Trump is attempting to deflect blame for his inability to work with a Republican controlled Congress.

Pretty amazing isn’t it MONTE that the last government shutdown was all republicans yet this one is Trumps. Yet the dimwits can hand out 10 billion to mexico and central cesspool yet not a dime for the wall.
The hate continues.

There’s enough greed and stupidity to go around for both parties in DC. I didn’t vote for Trump because I saw he was more of the same elitist corruption but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He ruined that early on in his first year. Just as greedy, just as corrupt, twice as incompetent as your average DC liberal.

Ruling vs. Country Class.

Parties are irrelevant.

ATTICA!:fist: ATTICA!:fist: ATTICA!:fist:

No … that’s the so-called “nuclear option.” That is NOT the right way to pass legislation.