Have you heard?

That isn’t scriptural, and it is near mathematically impossible considering the perfect conditions that are needed for life on Earth

Either you are reading it wrong, or you don’t understand it.

The light beam did not exceed the speed of light, they are breaking down the individual wavelengths some of which were traveling at an extreme speed theoretically but the light itself was not.

You also seem to have ignored the final paragraph.

There is no widespread agreement among physicists about the speed at which information is carried by pulses in such experiments. One definition is that it is the speed at which the point of half the maximum intensity on the leading edge of the pulse travels, but this velocity is superluminal in the Princeton experiment. The team intend to analyse this further, including cases in which the pulse contains only a few photons

They also have yet to show that their conclusions are repeatable.

There’s nothing scriptural at all limiting God’s ability to have other children on other worlds that are not human.

Anything with a soul would be a child of God.

The math tells us it’s far more likely than not that life exists on other worlds, all that is necessary basically is liquid water and hydrocarbons.

The experiments seem to show the possibility that the speed of light is not a constant under certain conditions. I am not claiming this explains an inaccuracy with the measured distances. Repeatable conclusions is imperative in formulating scientific theories. (I hope you remember your statement in future discussions.) :wink:
As for the math, what is the mathematical probability of life arising from non living matter?

Jesus this is beyond belief - even when it’s pointed out to them they still don’t get it. But it does prove that the dumbing down theory has merit, because if adults can be made childlike they’ll become ‘children’, and children always believe anything and everything they’re told by a perceived authority, such as governments, mainstream media outlets, and er, space agencies. And voila, after a couple of decades you’ll have a gullible and compliant populace. Job done!

Rupert Sheldrake
The science delusion.
Speed of light is not constant.

There are worlds where time flows from the future to the past.
How much do we really know about our planet, let alone the Milky Way Galaxy?
We still don’t know everything about the human brain or DNA either.

Yes, just as I said, when you change the conditions you can change the speed.

Light has both particle and wave properties which makes it quite unique.

This experiment seems to show that sublight particls may be accelerated beyond light speed but it’s far from conclusive and has yet to show repeatability.

There’s no evidence to support that assertion as being true.

What is the mathematical probability of life arising from non-life, spontaneous generation?

That would require knowing that it happened, how it happened and being able to place odds on each step.

This is impossible, which is why the famous Drake equation is a ridiculous, useless expression.

We don’t even know for sure that it arose from non-life here. It could have drifted over from some far-off galaxy a billion years ago.

Well, It had to happen once.
What is possible is to understand the chemicals required to form the building blocks of life, and which blocks are needed to combine to create a self-replicating cell and how a cell is regulated what intelligent coded information is needed to even have a living cell.

How likely is it for any life to survive in the vacuum, radiation and absolute zero temperatures of space?

Simple logic dictates that is not possible.

Not that I believe it happened, but I can imagine that something may be a form of life that could survive in space indefinitely. Just because what we know of life on earth isn’t likely to survive doesn’t mean that it’s impossible. I’m just making the argument that we should be a little humble about what we think we know. Logic is only as good as its assumptions.

Until someone discovers an organizing principle that explains life, just saying “a billion years and shazam!” isn’t a satisfactory theory. It may have formed on Jupiter and then sent off to earth in a great belch of material.

Outer space life transported to Earth is a pretty far fetched hypothesis. Conditions for life to thrive requires so many variable to be with such small parameters such as gravity, magnetic fields, atmosphere composition, food source, temperature, etc. etc.

Spontaneous generation, mathematically, is so improbable it could be calculated to have never happened regardless of the amount of time.
How many monkeys with how many typewriters are needed to compose War and Peace?

Don’t confuse “life” with its “container.”

Certain containers require certain conditions, like earth surface with certain temperatures and atmospheric pressure and oxygen, water and a low level radiation but there are other conditions underground and in deep sea. There’s life that thrives without oxygen. They even found fish that live in hot water.

Life seems to transcend these limitations. Life seems to exist regardless, and it looks as though life always existed and always will.

You can kill the container but not life itself.

But there are limits, outside of Earth, the limits are surpassed.

So your position is… evidence gets presented and then you say there is no evidence to support the claim? Da fuq?

There is no proof that God exists. That’s your personal opinion and belief system. It isn’t a fact.

What evidence? Conjecture maybe.

There is plenty of proof God exists. If you are walking on the beach and find a glass bottle, do you assume the sand, wind, surf and sun formed the bottle? No, someone had to make it. You are much more well designed than any bottle.

1 Like

Scientists claim to have revived bacteria frozen in glaciers for hundreds of thousands of years. Maybe there’s some kind of “living” material that could survive a long, long time at absolute zero. We’re probably shedding untold amounts of airborne bacteria and viruses to space every day. Who knows what may be drifting out there that can possibly be revived? I think that viruses can be even more resilient, even though they aren’t really living, they’re not far from being considered life.

At absolute zero, even the normal decay we see in nature can be put on hold.

When you look at the things going on out there in the universe, it’s difficult to say that something is so strange that it can’t be true. However, I would say that I’m pretty skeptical of some of Didgevillage’s strange claims.