Harvard Chemistry Chief’s Arrest over China Links Shocks Researchers

This has been a developing story since its first release, where a Harvard Professor Dr. Charles Lieber has been arrested for lying about receiving research funding from the CHICOM’s. Why this story is significant is because he is the architect of setting up a research facility in Wuhan, China, the source of the current crisis of the Coronavirus. Shocker right? This guy should be charged with treason. This of course comes at a time when SOS Mike Pompeo came out and announced that China represents the central threat to western nations, curious timing of course with this bit of news.

Researchers have reacted with shock to the arrest of Charles Lieber, a prominent Harvard University chemist and nanotechnology pioneer, who has been charged with making false statements to the US government about receiving research funding from China.

Lieber, who is known for engineering new nanomaterials and developing their applications in medicine and biology, was arrested on 28 January. Two days later, a federal judge approved his release on cash bail of US$1 million.

The charges focus on Lieber’s alleged involvement in China’s Thousand Talents Plan, a prestigious programme designed to recruit leading academics to the country. Documents outlining the charges allege that Lieber received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Wuhan University of Technology (WUT) in China and agreed to lead a lab there — and that when US government agencies asked about his involvement with the programme he stated that he was not a participant and denied any formal affiliation with WUT. Lieber’s legal team did not respond to Nature ’s requests for comment.

The arrest comes as US authorities are increasingly scrutinizing universities’ foreign links, amid fears that overseas governments could be stealing intellectual property or influencing US research.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00291-2

More detailed info about this news at China Uncensored.

1 Like

Wow, what a piece of garbage

Sounds like he is friends with Hunter Biden

Lieber agreed to be paid a salary of $50,000 per month, as well as about $150,000 a year in personal and living expenses, by WUT, and was given more than $1.5 million to set up a research lab there. According to a contract cited in the document, Lieber was to work at or for WUT for at least nine months a year. Lieber also agreed to host visiting scientists for two-month stints at his US lab, according to the FBI, an agreement that Harvard was not aware of.

Lieber is not the first US scientist to become embroiled in ongoing political tensions between the United States and China. Last month, a former scientist at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, who was accused of applying to and being recruited by the Thousand Talents Plan, pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the US government. And the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida, recently reported that six employees, including the chief executive, were forced to resign over failing to disclose their connection to the programme.

Yeah, that is putting it mildly, but this is just one example of the treasonous behaviour of own citizens that is putting us at greater risk. What is even more disturbing is now Britain is going to allow Huawei to build part of their 5g grid? Are world leaders that short sighted to not know how this is going to turn out? Not happy about any of this.

2 Likes

Wow, small world. I actually know someone that is working under him as a doctoral candidate. Within the chemistry academic community, this person is actually touted as the next potential Nobel Prize winner, for his work with non-invasive brain-probing materials / mechanism using nano-materials (the work that is related to the probe at hand as well).

Shame on him, I have respect for him as a professor that does good work as large, but that just shrinks. No wonder that his research group composition looks like this:

https://cml.harvard.edu/people/grad-students

https://cml.harvard.edu/people/post-docs

The reversed brain drain begins.

The decay starts with betrayal from the inside. People like this, as brilliant as they may be have no loyalty to their own country and that to me garners no sympathy for the man. I hope he rots in jail someday as I am sure he is out on bail. A lot these types of stories will start popping up more frequently as this deadly virus forces US interests to rethink their supply chains and return home at the same time as an indirect consequence flushing out the traitors and Chinese spies!

50k a month plus another 150k a year to divert his employer’s research laboratory and facilities away from the control of Harvard and into the hands of the Chinese. This is a clever move and just imagine how many times the Chinese have done this across our universities in the US. Want to know why college campuses are flooded with Chinese…now you know.

3 Likes

This just came out and if true we are in some serious trouble! This is happening right under Governor Newsom’s nose, so we really need to start asking why and how this is being allowed? The same program that this Professor was involved with (Thousand Talents Program) is connected to the same person running Californians public pension fund which is funding the Chinese military through its investments! No wonder why these fking traitors are anti Trump, they don’t want anyone to find out! I am seriously pissed about this! Holy crap! This is much worse than I thought!

On your later statement, you are absolutely correct, which is why a major investigation has been started against Yale and Harvard for unreported financials. I believe more is to come but might explain why our universities are turning into propaganda Centers for the Neo-Maoists!

Tucker nails this issue in very finite detail! We are being betrayed by our people!

I grew up in a university town and have noticed that within the past 10 years or so it’s been nothing but Chinese flooding the campus. It sounds like their strategy is to pay for access and control of these universities in a variety of different ways.

This is a much bigger problem than most care to know about right now! On second thought, this Covid-19 issue is exacerbating the need to address our security threats with China and right now it looks to be a stage 4 cancer diagnosis that needs serious attention!