Harris and Warren reparations

Imagine if the press actually held their feet to the fire and asked what would reparations look like?

1. How much?
  2. To whom?
  3. From whom?
  4. What else?
  5. How will this help?
  6. What about other races?

Truthful answer (would never be given by a Democrat):

1. Tens of trillions of dollars
  2. Black people only, of course
  3. Taxpayers
  4. Changes in housing- every neighborhood gets Section 8 moving in. These single parent families will enrich the neighborhood by sharing their colorful music at high volume and all hours. They will apply the Taniqua Condo axiom: “If it don’t make no money, don’t take care of it.” They will give the neighborhood delightful street cred through property crime and ‘wall art’. Clubs like the Crips and Bloods will bring a new sense of family togetherness as families cower in their homes, afraid to venture out- just look at how well it worked in Antelope Valley CA. Soon, all the housing in the area will be affordable, as housing values plummet. Also, look for new Affirmative Action quotas to be rolled out.
  5. It’s not about helping; it’s about pandering
  6. What, other races? We can only pander to one group at a time, tell them to wait their turn and create grievances.
1 Like

The method of distributing reparations would be racist against many black people. Remember… they can’t even get a voter ID. How da fuck doo they berify dey black if dey not eben can gets dat voter ID?

Good move, I hope they can pass it. However I am skeptical.

America was built on the backs of slaves… time we pay back their descendants. Only black people were are verified descendants of slaves should get paid. I am not sure how well that can be verified since slaves often didn’t have names or accurate records.

Ummm… they did mostly agricultural work in the south. The “building of America” was done in mostly free states or by northerners.

nonsense, how many people actually owned slaves?

so then how do they get reparation, what if Lebron james could prove he is a descendant how much should he receive or Michelle Obama, or Michael Jordan?

do you know if this is really the case that reparations should be paid, then it should be the Democrat party as they killed free blacks from getting a mule and 40 acres.

Im curious why Lizzy and brain dead Alexandria Ocasio Castro-Cortez didn’t donate a cent to kick if off?

Why is this relevant? I don’t care how many people owned slaves. It should have any barring on how reparations are paid.

If LeBron or Oprah were found to be descendants, they would get money. I don’t care how successful you are. If you are a verified descendant of a slave, you get paid. Period.

I don’t care about the party name back then… I care about the ideology. Cons supported slaves. Unless you are arguing that the southerners who owned slaves were liberals?

any possible claims former slaves may have had died with them when they had not brought suit while still alive.

its relevant because you said this country was built by slaves , so tell me which company , which Industry?

and Im not saying it didn’t exist but not at the extent you believe it is

I see so if you’re rich, or in prison or a criminal if you can prove you’re a descendant of slave you should get paid?

Im curious how much?

who said anything about libs and cons, first thing the term liberal and conservatives differ from its original meaning back then.

Slavery was a terrible thing, and you seem to forget a civil war was fought over it, and speaking of liberals or I should say "the democrats " those perfidious bastards did everything in their power to disrupt civil rights starting in 1866 and the subsequent civil rights bill except for the 1965 one.

Between Jim Crow and segregation , by the way who do you blame for that?

Massa Prag jes wanna keep uz black folks lookin lak weez cant takes cares ub our selbes!

Hes jez trine da makes that beeg beeg deVIDE tween wite folks an black folks eben bigger dan it eez.

Dam dose wite libruls. Debils day are. Dey gwine bern in wite folks hell wid da wite Lucyfer.

Yeah, heck, why should I pay? My ancestors came from Sweden and Germany in the 1890s. Not that Vikings and Visigoths didn’t own slaves … just not in this country. :wink:

They probably are, but Harris and Warren aren’t.

I am down to contribute to a reparation funds buying one-way tickets for the oppressed people wanting to go and claim their piece of reparational lands in Liberia

Liberia began as a settlement of the American Colonization Society (ACS), who believed black people would face better chances for freedom and prosperity in Africa than in the United States

1 Like

Perhaps Americans Indians should also be eligible for reparations, followed by all groups that have been discriminated agains, Polish, Irish, Asians, Italians, Just about try American would be eligible for reparations.

I’m discriminated against routinely because I was born with a birth defect. Where’s my check?

1 Like

ha, actually this is the best form of reparation, a one way ticket to liberia, heck I will even throw in first class.

Or anywhere in Africa really. Let the new Chinese overlords deal with them

I don’t know of any conservative platform that approves of slavery. Just stop with the nonsense.

Reparations are not going to solve any problems for those caught up in the victimhood mentality. It could even make it worse. Especially for those who will foolishly spent all they’ve been given. (Remember New Orleans and Katina? The funds given for food and supplies was spent on “non-essentials”?)

Many (not all) lottery winners are good examples too.
When you don’t have to work for your money, many people just squander it.

But more to the point… they who would receive reparations were not slaves. And the bazaar notion of the inequity in “generational wealth” only makes sense for very few elite families. The greater majority of us whose families came to the US pennyless, often uneducated, and worked as low paid wage earners for generations have no generational wealth. Libs love to quote the words on the statue of liberty.

Give me your tired , your poor , Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

That’s who we were. There is no fucking generational wealth for most of us.

Its just more liberal bullshit meant to divide the country.

2 Likes

That was the English. The French speaking colonials (espesially the Belgians) weren’t so careful. They went a long way in Africa to demonstrate the one line from My Fair Lady: “The French don’t care what they do actually, as long as they pronounce it properly.”