Happy Thanksgiving Political Bullpen!

Happy Thanksgiving to all here at the PB!

A special shout-out to KVN, Tyfoon, and Patriot for putting up with all our crap! :rofl:

You guys have a wonderful Holiday! You deserve this for all you do here to make this site the best!

Cheers

4 Likes

Please put me on the list for some stickers.

1 Like

An inappropriate picture of Monica Lewinsky with a cigar in her mouth is no longer relevant. No one wants to see that and no one cares.

I find that to be completely appropriate.

At first, I thought it was Tommy Chong joining PB! :rofl::rofl:

Great Video!

1 Like

I vaguely recall being taught that one of the purposes for a yearly Thanksgiving feast was to express gratitude for a bountiful harvest just prior to the winter months that precede the spring planting for another round of planting, nurturing and harvesting.

There are things other than bountiful crops for which one should be thankful. Not that I’m claiming to be unique is this regard, but I am thankful every day for the little things in life that come my way in the form good things that happen to me. I extend the definition of blessings to include all these little things that give me comfort, pleasure or affirmation that my family and friends are doing well.

Even the absence of bad happenings should be considered a blessing. For decades, I have held that all one must do to feel better about one’s own condition is to watch the world news. Though the news media gravitates toward catastrophic occurrences such as tsunamis, earthquakes, floods, tornado damage, vehicle crashes, murders, building fires and the like…the blessing attached to each is that it didn’t happen to me…or to any of my family and friends. For that I am thankful…every day.

When I finally locate something I’ve misplaced, I’m thankful. When I drop a plastic jar full of peanut butter and it misses my foot, I am thankful. When I open the refrigerator and find that I’m not out of cold beer, I’m thankful. When I crank up the laptop and have internet access, I’m thankful.

It’s just good to be alive and relatively healthy.

I hope all is well with the 514 current politicalbullpen.com users.

And if any of you do have problems and heartaches at this time, I’m thankful not to have the same problems.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

4 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 Like

Just got Thanksgiving breakfast done:

Ground bison, onion, pepper, egg, and cheese breakfast quesadilla. INSANELY GOOD.

5 Likes

Damn hoss, remind me to do breakfast at your house sometime. You guys planning on eating later after that? lol

1 Like

This is good advice and I probably should follow it, but I will be surrounded at the table by upper-middle class to low-tier wealthy urban shitlibs. This will be impossible.

Trust me when I say this, as you get older you won’t look back on the times you convinced grandma or persuaded dad. You will remember, God willing, the laughter and the music and annoyances that seem so petty in retrospect.

And believe me when I say that when your mother is on her literal deathbed with just days to live, you won’t be thinking about owning the libs.

Your thoughts are vastly populated with memories. Make them good ones.

3 Likes

Words of wisdom. :+1:

1 Like

Happy Thankgiving to Patriot, the mods and all the good members of PB! :turkey:

5 Likes

Best steak I ever had in my life was bison. :yum:

1 Like

Beefalo…

2 Likes

That looks insanely delicious! Save some for me!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@Patriot
I’m an engineer, believe in symmetry and redundancy. Please send me 4 bulls. I will be thankful!
:beers:

3 Likes

Awhile ago, I took a chance on ground bison despite its price, and immediately knew it was worth every penny extra over ground beef. I wish I knew a place around here that had more than just ground up bison.

Now, one of my specialties is bison chili. Thanks for that quesdilla idea !