Gun Bans Don't Work: Two Teens Shot Dead in Watertown Connecticut

Just be who you are. I was impressed by you not standing down on your principals by being a “newbie”. Good for you. :+1:

2 Likes

It’s actually a very old Connecticut flag. It goes back to the colony of Connecticut which sought Western expansion during the lead up to the Revolutionary War. The colors are the regimental colors of the Connecticut revolutionary war soldiers. The Cross of St George is present to indicate the linkages between Old England and New England. The acorns and oak leaves have long been symbols of Connecticut, going back to colonial settlers. I could dedicate an entire thread to just the history of this flag and what it means.

3 Likes

That is both awesome and cool! Thanks for the explanation, as I found that to be a very interesting piece of history. Learn something new every day!

BTW, welcome to this site, as DMK says you fit in well here!

1 Like

Does Connecticut have a ban on guns???

Gun bans do work! If only we would try one here in the US. If there aren’t any guns anywhere then there would be no guns for criminals to get their hands on. It’s a simple concept although I do know that it is one that conservatives struggle with immensely.

1 Like

You have to be completely naive to think the someday all guns will be off the streets and unavailable to criminals.

Additionally, when possession of guns is restricted to the government, mass killings of unarmed citizens (by the government) historically follows.

Sure. Ban all guns and no one will be shot. Simple, for the simple minded. Kumbaya, peace and harmony follow, right?

The criminals will just use other means. Look at the UK where they have to ban knives.

And, BTW, what exactly do you not get about “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”.?

Conservatives struggle with the Libtards because of their ignorance. Do you actually what you’re saying? Is gun crime less in states with strict gun laws than in states with less restrictions??? Look at Illinois, Chicago in particular, how high do you believe gun homicides are there???

1 Like

While insulting the intelligence of those you have political disagreements with, you post this? Can you just challenge ideologies you disagree with without the snark, name calling and nastiness?