Gun Bans Don't Work: Two Teens Shot Dead in Watertown Connecticut

And yes, nation wide.

Sorry but I’m going to have to dispute that silly little clickbait article.

Their survey, published in 2015, asked a representative sample of 4,000 adults nationwide whether they own firearms

At least they were honest in the opening and said that getting accurate gun ownership statistics is damn near impossible, which it is.

The data in the clickbait only corresponds to the responses of individual surveyed, not actual gun ownership. The article only demonstrates how people answered a question and does not demonstrate actual gun ownership.

Okay Beto, that’s never going to happen.

This is not Beto, and I didn’t suggest that it would happen. I clearly stated that it never has been put to test. You can dispense with the snark now.

If you don’t like the survey, produce Connecticut gun stats that you do.

If you don’t think it’s going to happen then why propose it at all? Are you one of those folks who just likes to be difficult and start arguments for the sake of arguing?

I didn’t propose it. Addressing another poster who claimed Connecticut has draconian gun laws I suggested that actual gun bans haven’t been tested.

I am the poster that said gun laws in Connecticut are draconian because I live here and own guns. I had to sell my ARs back in 2014 because a bunch of clueless legislators decided they were too scary looking for me to own.

To the point of the original post, this does demonstrate that incredibly restrictive laws on gun ownership only negatively impact those who are willing to follow the law.

Again, there’s never been a complete gun ban put to the test. :man_shrugging:

I’m well aware of that. You were the one who was bringing up a gun ban in the first place!

Since you were the one proposing it, I specifically asked you to spell out what a gun ban would look would look like and you couldn’t.

Again, I never proposed anything. I did point out, long before you entered the debate, that a total gun ban has never been put to the test. Strict gun laws still leave guns in circulation.

Oh dear. :rofl: You are going to fit in really well here. :+1:

Welcome @RailTrail :us:

2 Likes

How many people control your account? Did you have a shift change? Scroll up.

1 Like

I guess that depends on what neurons are misfiring at any given moment :wink:

My very first post in this thread states that a complete gun ban has never been tested. :man_shrugging:

It’s a point of observation, not a proposition.

Maybe your use of “yet” is taken as a proposition. It implies that it’s possibly coming.

…and it never will be.

Because it isn’t going to happen. What do you not understand about “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED” ?

Yep, walk it back because you’ve got nothing but “propositions”. :roll_eyes:

It may be coming one day. Again, it’s an observation and not a proposal…

Thanks! I sure hope so. I’ve been searching for this place for a while. I used to get notifications about posts from this site from a Facebook group I was in but then the links stopped coming and I couldn’t remember the name! I was searching for this story and someone shared a link to this thread!

3 Likes

I like your avatar! What does the oak leaves, acorn, and cross signify?

1 Like