Goodyear's biased zero-tolerance policy, BLM is okay, Blue Lives Matter is not

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - A Goodyear employee says the company has put out a new policy that has some calling it not equal for all.

A photo seen circulating on social media shows a slide that was presented during a diversity training showing what’s acceptable and what isn’t acceptable as part of Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company’s zero-tolerance policy.

Under acceptable: Black Lives Matter (BLM), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride.

Listed as unacceptable: Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, MAGA Attire, Political Affiliated Slogans or Material.

According to the employee who took the photo of the slide, it was presented at the Topeka plant by an area manager and says the slide came from their corporate office out of Akron, Ohio.

“If someone wants to wear a BLM shirt in here, then cool. I’m not going to get offended about it. But at the same time, if someone’s not going to be able to wear something that is politically based, even in the farthest stretch of the imagination, that’s discriminatory,” said the employee under the agreement of anonymity due to fears they could lose their job. “If we’re talking about equality, then it needs to be equality. If not, it’s discrimination.”

13 NEWS has reached out to Goodyear about the slide. They did not answer questions when asked if the slide was part of a training from their main office.

“Goodyear is committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful workplace where all of our associates can do their best in a spirit of teamwork. As part of this commitment, we do allow our associates to express their support on racial injustice and other equity issues but ask that they refrain from workplace expressions, verbal or otherwise, in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party as well as other similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of equity issues.”

Melissa Monaco, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

1 Like

It’s very weird.
Detroit lost its popularity (even among Americans) because of its declining quality back in 1960s and 1970s.

Why did its quality go down the drain?
Political correctness.
Sure sounds like Boeing.

Isn’t Goodyear part of the American automotive industry?

1 Like

This was bound to happen.
Boycott Goodyear

1 Like

Corporate jerkoffs and liberal policies .

1 Like

Goodyear is headquartered in Akron Ohio and Detroit has nothing to do with it! At least get your information straight!

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&sxsrf=ALeKk03aSfAKjLnEc9BgfNjOhUL2gEkFaQ:1597840809513&q=Richard+J.+Kramer&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLSz9U3MC6vyCpMecRoyi3w8sc9YSmdSWtOXmNU4-IKzsgvd80rySypFJLgYoOy-KR4uJC08SxiFQzKTM5ILEpR8NJT8C5KzE0tAgBSrrQiWgAAAA&biw=360&bih=572&dpr=3

Why not a statement directly from Goodyear CEO Richard Kramer instead of some company spokeswoman.

What say you Richard?

Yeah this is messed up for a company that was founded and had been around since 1898. I suspect it’s similar to the Red Bull racing recent situation where the owner fired a few American executives for pushing this SJW crap! I hope the blowback is tenfold as I and every one else are tired of the soy-boys, ruining every industry.

1 Like

Who is the big moron?
“Detroit” is a way of saying the American auto industry.

You are the big moron! The story is about Goodyear not Detroit or the automotive industry! Do try reading before you post, for not doing so only reinforces the perception around here of the habits you are known for which is not saying much just more attempts by you to “Digisplain” for self edifying purposes!

Which has nothing to do with the thesis of the OP. Do you have a reading comprehension problem that prevents you from discussing such topics? Or do you just post irrelevant responses to hear yourself talk?

Political correctness (meaning hiring minorities no matter what their skill levels) destroyed the American automotive industry as well as Boeing.
Goodyear is treading the same path, so to speak.
Get a grip, moron.

This is what you said you stupid retard! Learn to post instead of inserting irrelevant topics!

1 Like

I don’t even know what you’re blabbering out of your foul mouth. I stand by what I said.

Sure you do, they are your words! Claiming ignorance is your best trait! Not to mention a wanton need to digisplain every topic here!

Trump Calls for Boycott of Goodyear After Apparent Ban on ‘MAGA’ Hats

Go to hell Good Year.

1 Like

2 Likes
2 Likes

Too late - no one called them out when they had the chance. Now they run everything and aren’t allowed to be criticized…well, at least their handlers do.