God Bless the USA

The world has never had a good definition of the word liberty, and the American people, just now, are much in want of one. We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing.

What constitutes the bulwark of our liberty and independence? It is not our frowning embattlements, our bristling sea coasts. These are not our reliance against tyranny. Our reliance is in the love of liberty, which God has planted in our bosoms. Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as the heritage of all men, in all lands everywhere. Destroy this spirit, and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors.

At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? Shall we expect some trans-Atlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined could not, by force, take a drink from the Ohio or make a track on the Blue Ridge in a trial of a thousand years. At what point, then, is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, that if it ever reach us, it must spring from amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we ourselves must be the authors and finishers. As a nation of free men, we must live through all times, or die by suicide.

Let reverence for the law be breathed by every American mother to the lisping babe that prattles on her lap; let it be taught in schools, in seminaries, and in colleges; let it be written in primers, in spelling-books, and almanacs; let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed in legislative halls, and enforced in courts of justice. And, in short, let it become the political religion of the nation; and let the old and the young, the rich and the poor, the grave and the gay of all sexes and tongues and colors and conditions, sacrifice unceasingly at its altars.

And let us strive to deserve, as far as mortals may, the continued care of Divine Providence, trusting that, in future national emergencies, He will not fail to provide us the instruments of safety and security.

Neither let us be slandered from our duty by false accusations against us, nor frightened from it by the menaces of destruction to the Government nor of dungeons to ourselves. Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.

ā€”Abraham Lincoln

No argument from me on that.

1 Like

Something about anthems that stir the heart but then I suppose that is their purpose.

Well thatā€™s simply a lie. Heā€™s used the song to raise many millions for charities particularly those benefiting veterans.

Stop being a trolling ass and people will stop responding in such a way.

Absent US intervention they would have been and still would be slaves to the Nazis.

I bet that little song has a real punch when sung in German. Alot of heal clicking andā€¦fists

1 Like

And also made himself a stack of cash. Good for him for figuring out a lucrative business model.

Itā€™s not like Greenwood wasnā€™t already an unqualified success before he wrote the song and with that already a multi millionaire.

https://www.oldies.com/artist-songs/Lee-Greenwood.html

Which is irrelevant, are you saying millionaires do not want to continue to build their fortune?

He hit upon an ingenious revenue stream which continues to pay dividends. I admire his business acumen.

Lame attempt at moving the bar.

Obviously he was already rich and had thus already developed a very good business model before he ever wrote it.

A good businessman continues to improve his business model. They do not rest on past successes. Kudos to Lee Greenwood for making so much money over a continued period of time.

You cannot provide a single fact to support your original claim so quit flailing and youā€™ll quit failing.

Fact Lee Greenwood has made money off God Bless the USA.

Fact it continues to be played and purchased this giving Lee Greenwood that enriches him and thr charities he supports.

Fact for any artist to be successful and remain successful they need a certain amount of business sense or have talented people around them. Lee Greenwood is a businessman.

Fact I may think the song is corny but that doesnt stop people enjoying it and Lee Greenwood continuing to make money from it.

I suspect you want to protect an image you have conjured up of Lee Greenwood reading the constitution daily and sobbing every time he sees a flag. I have no doubt he is a patriot and his wealth has helped others but to say he has not enriched himself and expanded his profile which has helped to maintain his success is simply not true.

There you go again.

Fact, you cannot provide a single fact to support your original claim and we all know it.

You were just trolling and wanting to take a crap on the thread as usual.

How? i have said I think the song is a bit corny but I have also said other people enjoy it. I have congratulated Lee Greenwood and his business success and success as a writer.

How is that taking a crap or trolling.

It really is becoming obvious that you and a handful of other regulars want to just parrot each others opinions.

You will never get that from me and if the moderators want to ban me then thats up to them but until that happens I will continue to post my thoughts and opinions wherever and whenever I choose.

Geeze man itā€™s not like your first post in the thread isnā€™t there for all to see and read.

Yeah right! The bobble head doll contradicts himself all the time! Great catch!

1 Like

Notice his penchant for taking a crap on anyone who servers or expresses any actual patriotism.

Some kinda ā€œNew Americanā€ I guess.

Yeah which is why I think he is lying about claiming to be American! Basically he is full of it and is a first rate troll!