God Bless the USA

In my brief time here I have seen some of the most vile, venomous, disgusting posts I have ever seen in a forum. Its really amazing, and a bit frightening.

But one post that has been repeatedly spammed recently really struck me, mostly because we recently celebrated our wounded and fallen D-Day heroes. The post, in reference to those who serve in the military, reads:

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt "

Sometimes its goes on to say how stupid and ignorant soldiers are for serving. I don’t know if I can get banned for saying this, but I hope that person gets every bone in his body broken. That’s the least he has coming to him.

I thought of this as I was listening to this great song as Trump was walking on the stage last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

And I’m proud to be an American
Where at least I know I’m free
And I won’t forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today
'Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land
God Bless the USA

3 Likes

The haters love to say that was Einstein’s quote… as though that matters. But if he actually said that he certainly did not aim it at the men who marched against the nazis.

The artifice of those would use that quote against America is again the standard trick of adding a little truth to their toxic venom.

2 Likes

I do not understand how that stuff is allowed to stand in this forum. My first day here five of my posts were deleted for no good reason. I started a thread to inquire to the moderators and they locked my thread and never answered my question, and yet they let this disgusting stuff remain. I may be new here but I know crappy moderators when I see them. I am not new to forums.

1 Like

Yah, well, they make a big stink about not allowing crap but that’s exactly what they do.

1 Like

Do not criticize the Israel and America haters. The powers that be here will unleash the most unholy of internet dogs upon you and will rain down on you the most vindictive of penalties for your criticism.

1 Like

Fuck 'em. If that’s how it is then I will take solace in knowing they will rot in hell, as I move on to another one of the hundreds of forums on the internet.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcuR34Gg-o

One of the best and most patriotic songs ever written.

It sends a chill up the spine even after all these years.

1 Like

The star spangled banner is fantastic though thats to be expected when the tune is based on a British song :smiley::wink:

But the Lee Greenwood song is patriotic drivel intended to make him a shit ton of money which it did. I commend him for doing that, nothing wrong with making money. Its legal and doesn’t hurt anyone.

Hope he continues to make a fortune off it.

Hah!

I am sure he made money - nothing wrong with that as you say - but drivel? I hardly think that’s fair. Corny maybe. Every generation has them, like this one:

Corny was a better word. Thanks.

2 Likes

Considering that Francis Scott Key was born a British subject that should come as no surprise. And yet… there’s your post.

1 Like

“He who joyfully marches to music rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.”

― Albert Einstein

I know that, for fucks sake I was making a flippant comment. Stop taking everything so seriously.

You see, we can get along if we try.

2 Likes

If I was a Brit I would like this:

Rule Britannia!
Britannia rule the waves
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

1 Like

I suppose you are counting the majority of your posts in this assessment.

2 Likes

I have never, and will never, say horrible things about our brave men and women who serve.

I have never, and will never, say horrible things about our great nation.

I have never, and will never, say horrible antisemitic things about â– â– â– â– â– 

I have never, and will never, say the horrible things that are said here about Christians and Patriots and Conservatives.

I will, however, always call out racists and hatemongers, and degenerates who do say all those terrible things, and that includes YOU.

1 Like

Amen, Amen, Amen brother. Let the hate-monger have it. I am with you a thousand percent

1 Like