Giant Asian ' hornets invade the US and are spreading rapidly

Go to Preferences/Notifications/Users in your Profile.

You can either IGNORE any user by name or MUTE any user by name.

If you IGNORE a user, you will never see anything posted by that user or receive any notifications from that user.

If you MUTE a user, you will still be able to see posts by that user but you will not receive notifications from that user.

I have 9 users MUTED…none IGNORED.

Again, the media is striving to alarm people for ratings. The hornets do not seek out humans to MURDER them. You’ll likely never encounter any that are stirred up against you unless you take a stick and whack their nest. Just stay the hell away from hornet’s nests.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Here’s the narrated version. Superior.

https://youtu.be/mqxXuMRh5kA

3 Likes

That was great, except for the stupid comment at the end.

How to build a trap for giant hornets.

A shiny (slippery surface) plastic bottle.
Sake, one glass
Vinegar, 1/2 glass
Sugar water, one glass

Another method

Sake 400g
Vinegar 190g
Calpico (Japanese soft drink with grape flavor) 10g
Sugar 200g

Make two windows on a plastic bottle, top flap out to prevent rainwater
Best results on (sawtooth) oak branch

Yep, that’s definitely the option I need. Thanks very much, this is going to make my time on here much more pleasant from now on. :+1:

For some reason one of them keeps asking ‘please select a time frame’ and it happens every time even though I select one, therefore I can’t activate the Ignore. But at least it worked with the main protagonist. Tks agen

@asaratis And an unexpected bonus is I that I no longer see all those irritating memes, or gifs, or whatever the fuck they’re called!!

https://news.yahoo.com/theyre-not-really-called-murder-234328980.html

The giant hornets are part and parcel of nature.
Nonetheless, like the rabbits the English introduced to Australia, they can cause damage and destruction to the ecosystem where they didn’t exist previously.

Soon they will outnumber the illegals in our Country !

I once sealed up a yellow jacket nest in the house foundation, with silicone seal. The bastards ate right through it. Next came the brake clean. Did em in.

1 Like

2 Likes

35bba8fa6e9a9ba3

1 Like

Hornets can kill as many wasps as they can, so far as I’m concerned. Wasps serve no purpose in nature whatsoever.