Giant Asian ' hornets invade the US and are spreading rapidly

They are bird feed. Every organism serves its purpose in the food chain.

2 Likes

I doubt many birds will starve to death if there were no wasps? :roll_eyes:

Wrong.

…and this is but one of many links available that explain the benefits of wasps.

2 Likes

All insects have their place in nature — until humans mess with it.

Everyone knows the English brought rabbits to Australia for their hunting pleasure and this messed up the delicate ecology.
And more recently cane toads were brought there from South America and their growth in number seems to be unstoppable.

As for the explosion of roaches everywhere, I don’t know if it’s the work of nature or work of humans.

In the meantime you could just ignore them and spare your misery. It really isn’t difficult…:roll_eyes:

Years ago when I was a kid, I helped my roundsman uncle deliver bread and confectionery in a van, and with those days in mind - if you’d been stung by wasps as many many times as I have, you’d be quite happy for pest insect populations to be controlled by hornets and yellowjackets (whatever ‘yellowjackets’ are!!).

Wasps aren’t like other flying insects, which just momentarily buzz around then, unless threatened into retaliation, go on their way, wasps hang around and will sting just for the fun of it. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed.

I wasn’t referring to wasps…:man_shrugging:

Look again at your post I quoted…

It is difficult because I have this impetuous need to call out stupidity and bullshit, and they give it in spades.