George Wallace face the nation 1968. Astounding

1st… his description of Selma Alabama, and the medias is mind blowing.
15 ppl got hurt (out of 35 thousand) but they didn’t burn the city down. (Ok who disagrees)

His wife got more negro votes in Selma then her opponent.

The media propaganda machine has totally destroyed American culture…

His segregation sounds like todays segregation in schools today, blacks socially want separate schools, dorms, graduations, safe spaces from whites…

I don’t get the outrage about George Wallace.

And notice the media asking the gotcha questions.

2 Likes

WE ALL KNOW WOKE IS A JOKE !!!

If you get a chance watch the video, Wallace sounds like a black Democrat on social issues and trump on law and order.

Talks about Selma.
How his wife got most of the black vote in Selma.
How he prevented Selma from being burned down.

People do not realize the unusual nature of the 68 election. Both Nixon and Humphrey were flaming liberals. Wallace was a textbook segregationist Democrat who couldn’t make it in his party.
Nixon wound up governing to the left of by KKKlinton and Barak Saddam Hussein.
(Seriously, Nixon signed more liberal legislation into law than the last TEN Democrat prezzes.)

There was an early 80s Wall Street Journal article on Wallace’s reelection to the Alabama governor’s race. There was a sense of embarrassment on the part of organized blacks, since a large share of Wallace’s support came from blacks. The Journal surmised this support was due to Wallace attracting so many high paying auto making jobs to Alabama. The sheer star quality of his name attracted the Asian auto makers (Toyota and Honda).

Looks like, at least in Alabama, blacks are concerned less about race politics and more about jobs and upward mobility.

2 Likes

Propaganda has really destroyed Wallace’s name. On the brief research I have done he was actually pretty honest, and that pissed off the elites. He actually did well with the black vote. His ideas in 68 were pretty thoughtful

Pretty much. He definitely was smeared, and by the lowest of the low.

I find it funny that he could refer to busing (which an equal number of blacks as whites were opposed to) as asinine. And yet a REAL racist like Jim Crow Joe could predict busing turning America into a jungle and then he sits is racist ass in the Oval Office.

1 Like

Wallace and Biden were against bussing… but Wallace’s reason made sense it was for social reasons… blacks today agree with Wallace… I don’t think Wallace hated blacks at all, I think he thought about blacks the same way blacks thought about whites. It was about culture, not a skin color. His culture needed to be Dominant… only natural

His speeches are insightful and should be used for research and other cultural reasons. Sad he’s been canceled

Although I cannot–and do not–support the segregationist views of the late George Wallace (actually, he changed these views, later in life), the fact is that the media’s outrage at the then-governor was much more an act of political correctness than it was a neutral application of the facts.

I think it was Lenin who observed that it is necessary to break a few eggs in order to make an omelet. Well, the “omelet” that the left-wing media want is the result of some egg-breaking that does not include the “eggs” of the Left…

1 Like

So it’s been 60- 70 years, do you think schools divided by culture has been a good experiment?

Are you referring, here, to the 1954 SCOTUS decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas?

Anyway, to address your question: I do not believe in forced racial segregation (as once existed); but I do not believe, either, in forced integration (as, for instance, through school busing).

1 Like

Segregation today Segregation tomorrow Segregation forever

Are you suggesting, here, a desire for forced segregation?

Would you wish to see “white only” and “colored only” signs, once again, on water fountains and restrooms?

And would you wish to bring back so-called “anti-miscegenation” laws (which were invalidated by the SCOTUS in 1967, in the case of Loving v. Virginia)?

(I can certainly see voluntary segregation–both races seem to prefer to stick with those of their own race, and, therefore, their own culture–but forced segregation is another thing altogether.)

We have forced segregation now. Why not let whites ask for it also?

You are really asserting that we have “forced” segregation now? That it is enforced by the state?

Seriously?

Not by state but local municipalities

What “local municipalities” enforce racial segregation?

(This is truly a new one to me!)

Oh, one other thing:

You did not address a couple of points that I made earlier, viz.:

" Would you wish to see ‘white only’ and ‘colored only’ signs, once again, on water fountains and restrooms?

“And would you wish to bring back so-called ‘anti-miscegenation’ laws (which were invalidated by the SCOTUS in 1967, in the case of Loving v. Virginia )?”

These are reasonable questions, I think…

Let’s see we had two white guys kicked out of the study hall for being white.

My nephew was kicked out of a anti bullying class because he is white…

Both incidents were backed by a institution.

Yes I would like busses and trains to have white only areas. For peace and not have to worry about getting attacked.

I think interbreeding could be changed through good parents teaching there kids the results of a multicultural child

What “local municipalities” enforce racial segregation?

Let me try again:

" What ‘local municipalities’ enforce racial segregation?

" Would you wish to see ‘white only’ and ‘colored only’ signs, once again, on water fountains and restrooms?

“And would you wish to bring back so-called ‘anti-miscegenation’ laws (which were invalidated by the SCOTUS in 1967, in the case of Loving v. Virginia )?”

I do hope that you will address these questions–directly–and not simply hint at the possible answers…

I answered you… what didn’t you understand

If you truly “answered” me, it must have been in a most circuitous way–and not directly, as I requested.

So let me try one more time:

" What ‘local municipalities’ enforce racial segregation?

I do hope that you will answer these questions–and not merely claim that you have already done so.

If you decline to do so, I will have no alternative but to suppose that you are merely toying with me–much as a troll does…