Feminism Got Wrong Where Women Belong

In the UK our tax laws are about the most anti family in the developed world. A married couple are taxed separately (as if they were single) but if they claim benefits (welfare to you Yanks) they are considered jointly, even if only co-habiting. Two people earning 49k each are far better off than one person earning 98k. Personal allowances cannot be shared. The government also gives out free nursery care to entice new mothers to dump their babies and back into the workplace. More tax revenue.

Then 78% of Muslim women don’t work and claim benefits and free housing. Someone has to pay for them.

I agree. I also remember when being a “stay at home mom” was looked down on to a great extent.

That tide has been turning for awhile. I now am more likely to hear encouragement rather than a snubbing.

I think there is a lot more support for home schooling as well these days.

So, IMO things ARE turning a bit, which is a good thing.

That’s ridiculous…

Microwaves feed today’s children and their peers and the lying mainstream media raises them. The current generation is all but lost. One almost wishes they were wiped from the face of the earth and we could start anew.

By that logic, so is obeying railroad crossing signals.

If an analogy could be drawn, your posts are a trainwreck.

1 Like

1 Like
  • then

Glad I could help.

… and over the top. There was a good point in the making there, but it was totally nullified by the second half of the sentence.

You cannot “regulate” into existence good parents.

A mother can be just as emotionally absent and neglectful if she is at home. No career necessary.

I would postulate any mother, regardless of her employment status can be abusive.

Yet, children have survived because this is not a new thing. What is a relatively new thing is absent fathers and government stepping in. Also, a lack of community/church to reinforce morals, values and support of one another.

A lot of people seem so lost and so… ungrounded these days. It is a sad thing to see.

1 Like

That’s because civilization is on the brink of collapse. We just need a little more of a push to finally get us over the edge.

I think every generation has thought that. When Elvis and the Beatles became popular! OMG, you’d think it was a sign the world was so decadent and morally decayed the Second Coming was not a matter of days but hours.

Yet, here we are.

she didnt say all women, she said women with children, and Im pretty sure she also means married women with children.

Im curious , how did you come up with she might have been in an abusive relationship because she believes women with children should stay home with their kids?

Good luck getting a cogent response to your question.

If it has to do with freedom of choice, and should that freedom of choice be contrary to the liberal talking points, then watch the feathers fly.

However, aside from the histrionics, there is a point floating around somewhere.

1 Like

Wow, strong opening from @Julia. Im not going to echo the other posters, so Ill just leave this here

bq-5c7b2e32aac0d

3 Likes

Hands down on the physical stuff.

Each gender needs the other to make a whole. It just is the way it is.

1 Like

Getting a nation of people back to that particular ideal (women stay home, cook, clean house, nurture infants and toddlers while men work, hunt and make war) may work for a simplistic society such as a it did for the American Indians…(until we stole their livelihood and confined them to reservations.)

It will not work in a large industrialized nation…especially one whose government promotes fatherless homes and doles out welfare like free candy to children with a collective sweet tooth.

I was raised in an ideal home setting. My father had his own business to run 24/7…my mother had her job at home–also 24/7–in taking care of the needs of three children…and a husband. They both contributed to our upbringing, training and education.

When my parents met, she was working in the ticket booth of a movie theater…back when most movies were black and white and many of them were silent. A lot of the “stars” were women.

By a wide margin, the dining servers I have known throughout life have been women.

I have never known a man to work as a daily house cleaner.

The best baby sitters are female.

The best nurses are female.

The clothing industry would fail without female workers, models and sales agents.

The list of jobs for which women are more than qualified is quite lengthy…and is essentially independent of whether they are mothers or not.

Since the topic is centered on MOTHERS, none of these sick bastards are relevant.

I think that is what a lot of people are craving. A simplistic society.

Roles that are clearly defined and also supported. As it is, they are all falling apart and people have no idea what is up or down.

That and a boring uniformity.

It isn’t very boring when your survival depends upon it.

It is only boring when you live in the lap of luxury of too many choices.