England-Another Brutal Murder

Violent criminals - pedophiles must be “totally eliminated” from society. Every breath they take deprives a decent creature of oxygen. No grey areas. Rehabilitation is an illusion. Grandma Vilula always told me: If you don’t listen, you surely will feel. You take these cretins off the streets, and you put correctional officers in harms way, cost the taxpayers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and when the smoke clears, little or nothing gained. They can never fit into sane society. There is behavior that immediately divorces you from the human race.

Sex offenders, particularly child predators have the highest recidivism rates of all felons.

Just execute them or let them spend the rest of their lives at hard labor producing something of value to help offset the cost of keeping them in prison.

In the UK after most criminal convictions you don’t have to declare your crime in job interview after a five-year period has past. The 3 most common traits of men in jail are poor literacy and coming from a single parent household and a risk taking a tendency with entrepreneurial aspects if you teach them educational skills they are less likely to go back to jail which is costly to the taxpaye and creating more single parent households by putting fathers in jail which will statistically create more criminals in the long run also the taxpayer will most likely end up giving benefits to the single model whilst her partner is in jail. By rehabilitating offenders you create less crime which means last victims of crime ultimately I’m sure that is everyone’s end goal less victims of crime with minimal costs to the taxpayer

1 Like

Fair points but what we see here is that kids raised by parents that are felons are at higher risk than kids from single parent families.

Here we’ve made far too many crimes felonies which marks people that don’t deserve it necessarily for life.

Instead of emptying prisons and leaving felons on the streets when they reoffend my version of Judicial/Sentencing reform would remove the felony convictions for many minor crimes and double or triple the penalties for violent and/or drug dealing/trafficking convictions.

The majority of people in jail are not there for sex crimes or violent crimes but I fully agree some people cannot be rehabilitated and you might as well executed it saves money and gives peace of mind to their victims but only 8% of people in UK jails are first-time offenders there definitely seems to be a problem in that

1 Like

In the US first time offenders rarely go to prison either. Even a lot of serious felonies get pled down to misdemeanors so by the time they get that first prison sentence many if not most really are hardened career felons.

I believe in rehab & education. But there will always be those who are beyond salvation. Just grease em. You knowingly - deliberately harm a child, no quarter; you are dead. Same with violent criminals. Deal hard drugs, you are dead. Addiction should be treated as a sickness; but no dealer or anyone who profits from human misery should be allowed to live. The most elegant solution is to eliminate the problem. ELEGANT - pleasingly ingenious and simple.

2 Likes

As we saw in the 70’s the more we ease off on the penalties for those types of offenders the violent crime rate goes up geometrically.

Take a look at how quickly our violent crime rates dropped once we instituted No BS, no parole, long sentences for serious felons and 3 strikes you’re out statutes.

Now dem’s are hell bent at undoing all the good we’ve done since 97 by draining the prisons and reducing sentences for future serious felons.

When it all goes to hell again they’ll blame it on “lax gun laws”.

1 Like

Every major city should have a police commissioner like Frank Rizzo. “Of one group of anti-police demonstrators, he is reported to have said, ‘When I’m finished with them, I’ll make Attila the Hun look like a ■■■■■■■■■ When Rizzo was in charge, the figures proved that Philadelphia was “ the safest city in America

1 Like

If you did a stretch under a strict regime - and I mean strict!! - would you come out and carry on where you left off? I don’t think so! You’d say the same as I did the first time I got drunk - ‘NEVER AGAIN!’

In reply to post 36

If I caught a paedophile abusing a child I’d literally kill him with my bare hands and worry about the consequences afterwards. And I fucking mean it! He’d never abuse another child.

The most ludicrous thing here is that paedophiles are segregated from other inmates; so what they do all day when they’re inside is fantasise with each other about different ways of violating children until they get released into the community, then they carry on where they left off. It’s the main reason I won’t donate my organs - one of them might save a paedophile’s life. The insanity of the West continues!

Some years ago we had a senior cop who was so uncompromising he was called Robocop, and to cut a long story short, within weeks of his taking up the job, crime virtually stopped . . . then the liberals got rid of him. I think he took up the role of Mayor in the district he was living in.

My uncle was on homicide in a major city for 30+ years; but a street officer for several years before that. A woman was jailed for seriously harming her child. She said she wanted to die; and my uncle handed her his belt. He got called on it, but just a reprimand. He was hardcore, but fair. He saw life for exactly what is was. If that happened today, there would be a liberal feeding frenzy.

Liberals, in their misguided urge to do good, and their ‘we know what’s best for you’ mentality, find it impossible to stay out of the affairs of others. It’s most noticeable in ‘the right to die at a time of one’s own choosing’ controversy, and they pull out all the stops to prevent terminally-ill people from exercising the most basic human right of all - the right to self-determination. For instance, someone might be in so much pain in their extremis, and lay awake all night thinking about what’s in store for them, that they just want out. But here’s the thing . . . the very liberals who have prevented the ill person from leaving it all behind are fast asleep in their beds, totally oblivious of, and even having forgotten, those whose extremis they themselves have caused. In other words, liberals are genetically unable to mind their own fucking business.

This board doesn’t have a signature field (useful for sharing philosophical thoughts) at the bottom of the post pages, but I’ve coined a few (signatures), and one of them is ‘There are none who do so much harm, and cause so much misery to others, than those who are obsessed with doing good.’

1 Like

The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding. Albert Camus

1 Like

When a person is in their final extremities, and if still clear of mind; they should make the call. Speaking for myself; I would never propose that I knew what’s in a man’s heart. My grandma Vilula always said: Life is sweet, no matter how bitter; but the key is quality of life.

1 Like

Those who seem ‘obsessed with doing good’ are more likely obsessed with controlling others. I believe their desire to control others is based on their need for confirmation of their own beliefs.

Good is a subjective term. What I consider to be good for me may be bad for you, and vice versa.

Yeah, I’ll go with that; it is a form of control freakery: I’ve never thought of it that way before.

I used to wonder what I’d do if I came across someone who, for example, is contemplating jumping from the parapet of a bridge. I concluded that I would ask them if talking to me would make them have second thoughts, and if the person replied ‘No’, I’d simply walk away.

I would tell them my life story; and all the dues I paid. That would hit home, and give them a chance to reflect. I paid my dues in spades, and never once thought about ending my life. The end comes soon enough as it is.

1 Like