Elon Musk vs. Commiefornia

A California Democrat had choice words for entrepreneur Elon Musk after he announced that he plans to move the Tesla HQ to Texas and Nevada ‘immediately’ after a California county health official said that his plant could not reopen.

‘Fuck Elon Musk,’ San Diego assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez tweeted Satuday.

Annotation 2020-05-10 193222

Gonzalez’s statement drew both praise and condemnation, particularly from people who pointed out the number of job losses if the Tesla factory moves.

Tesla’s Freemont factory employs 10,000 people.
Unlike Gonzalez, Texas and Nevada Republicans were quick to embrace Musk’s plans.

Musk took to a comment thread on Twitter on Saturday to share that he was also planning to file a lawsuit against Alameda County.

Musk’s fury was directed towards Alameda County Health Officer Erica Pan, who on Friday announced that the Fremont company would not be able to reopen, despite California Governor Gavin Newsom lifting some coronavirus restrictions.

‘Frankly, this is the final straw. Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately,’ he said in the Saturday tweet.

‘If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependent on how Tesla is treated in the future. Tesla is the last carmaker left in CA.’
‘Tesla is filing a lawsuit against Alameda County immediately,’ he said in an earlier tweet. ‘The unelected & ignorant “Interim Health Officer” of Alameda is acting contrary to the Governor, the President, our Constitutional freedoms & just plain common sense!’

On Friday afternoon, CEO Musk told Tesla employees that the multi-billion dollar car manufacturer would restart production at its plant in Fremont, CNBC reports.

But hours later, Pan said of Tesla: ‘We’ve been working with them, but we have not given the green light. We have not said it is appropriate to move forward.’
Musk initially defied the lockdown orders and continued operations for five days before they closed amid pressure.

Tesla tried to claim it was an essential business, but was shutdown by public health officers.

Some employees were asked to work at home, some furloughed and contract workers dismissed. Top staffers received pay cuts and furloughed workers retained health benefits.

Musk later tried to rally dozens of employees together and asked them to return to work in late April, NBC Bay Area reports.

Last week, Musk lambasted state officials over lockdown orders he called ‘fascist’ and unconstitutional.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2020/05/10/elon-musk-final-straw-for-alameda-county-tesla.html

I saw this story yesterday and was going to comment on it, so glad you posted it here. I totally support Elon Musk on this issue, but not only that, I really hope this dumbass bitch ends up eating her words when Musk calls her bluff, because what she said is pretty unprecedented. Like AOC losing New York 25,000 jobs due to her shear stupidity.

1 Like

Most businesses would be wise to follow his lead , commie Cal wants to eat businesses alive and tax them to death . Leave them to their shit filled streets and their tent cities !!

4 Likes

Elon Musk shouldn’t waste any time in packing up his operations and relocating out of state. These politicians are obviously too stupid to realize or appreciate the amount of value that Musk adds to California. We are talking about thousands and thousands of high-paying jobs that could just vanish from the state with a simple email from the boss.

2 Likes

That is why this Politicians statement is really dumb! If I were Musk, I would demand a public apology from her or else he should pack up shop and stick it to them!

1 Like

What is this, kindergarten?

Someone said something mean so now we have to have public apologies? This right here is why America has become so weak.

This is business. The right answer here is to pack up your things and leave. The dumbass who said “Fuck Elon Musk” should face the consequences for being a moron - those consequences are lost jobs and lost taxes. A public apology is a sissy way to handle it. Something Obama would do.

2 Likes

Then what is your suggestion? What should happen to convince Musk to stay in California?

Nothing. He should leave.

2 Likes

Well ok then, that settles that! Now let’s see if it actually happens, which I doubt it will but who knows, but one thing is for sure is the cost on both ends is going to be enormous. Moving a car plant and other businesses doesn’t just happen over night.

Sure, moving a car plant is difficult but moving a corporate headquarters isn’t so hard. Not when you have the resources he does.

I doubt he would move his car manufacturing facilities or any of the other manufacturing facilities that he has in California but I do agree with you that moving to a new corporate headquarters probably wouldn’t be that big of a stretch, especially where he would be welcomed and get even more tax incentives for the relocation.

I recently went on a the Gigafactory tour in Nevada a couple months ago. They are aggressively expanding that plant, and they do have planned extensions with regard to car manufacturing (at that point it was mainly a battery facility). Moving is easy, and it is even easier for employees that are working at the Fremont plant, since it is only 2 hrs away, cost of living is cheap, and the surrounding areas are ripe for development.

2 Likes

Anywhere but New York or California. Of course, he should have moved to Nevada or Texas a long time ago. But better late than never.

1 Like

Commiefornia gave him a really fat subsidy to Tesla. Every Tesla car was subsidized by every commiefornian tax payer up until recently. Also, the proximity the SpaceX also helped, so he wasnt spread too thin.

At least that was what I gathered from this biography.

The unelected & ignorant ‘Interim Health Officer’ of Alameda is acting contrary to the Governor, the President, our Constitutional freedoms & just plain common sense!”

Isn’t it amazing how power in the hands of someone who doesn’t know what to do with it can cripple a business?

I wonder what an Interim Health Officer makes per hour and what experience is required for the position?

2 Likes

I’m sure the experience level is greater than the experience level you have with public health.

It’s probably a good thing that you aren’t the one making these decisions.

With 30,000 taxpayer OUT OF WORK it doesn’t take extraordinary intellectual powers to know this bullshit is OVERKILL and its plain ass stupid ! Over a month , WTF. Let that asshole go without income for over a month and his decision making will change quick !! You dipshits need to retreat to a fucking cave wrapped bubble wrap , My God what pussies.

2 Likes

Ahh, a personal attack. You clearly have no idea of what you espouse.

It is very good that I am.

1 Like

The space X program is one of the most important innovations of our time!