Death of the Republican Party! 🐘

Endorsing McCarthy the biggest RINO of them all. Fk the GOP! They won’t get another dime from me!

What type of party should the ‘dead Republican party’ become?

I’d like to see a ballance of old gaurd (Eisenhower) and MAGA for the new party. Leaders that understand what and why MAGA came to be, tempered with reason, intelligence, tact and diplomacy… and a constituecy that follows those values.

1 Like

All very good attributes and reasonable. I would like to name it the “Constitution Party”

One lasting image that I really find contemptuous:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words right? “Eye Patch Mcstain” is an evil fk and is representative that everything that is wrong with this country. War monger greedy #^%^$@^#%$#^! (use your imagination)

Second revelation is MTG is a sellout! I used to like her, but after this fiasco her true nature was revealed and never again will I be fooled by her chicanery! She is no different and now she is part of the swamp. Fk her!

I agree. I find that 99.9% of all politicians are like her.

The Constitution Party has a nice ring to it!

1 Like

Yeah! Disappointing, she had a lot of promise. Someone said to me that even ones whose hearts and intentions are in the right place, but once they get to DC they become corrupt and never the same. Find me one politician in which that descriptor doesn’t fit? Jim Jordan maybe? Bishop? Johnson (Louisiana)? I suppose you count them on one hand and that is pretty sad. I seriously doubt much will change, but I guess we will have to see. I do appreciate the “20” showing some fight but in the end they caved.

What do you think? Good of country or should they have held out?

1 Like

1 Like

I think they should have held out. McCarthy is all about McCarthy. Jim Jordan would have made a good Speaker, IMO. But… he isn’t a saint by any stretch…lol.

One other politician I have some respect for is John Kennedy from Louisiana. I like Rand Paul, but there is some creeping doubt about him too…lol.

1 Like

How about the “Lucy with the Football” party? I’ve given up hope.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I have a story to write about a gentleman from Virginia. He was an honest man, a decent man and all he wanted to do was help. Somewhere along the way after entering the swamp in DC, he never came back. His family waited for his return, but to no avail he never did make it back home. Nobody knows why until this day.

Looking back in the aggregate of US political history, politicians have always been corrupt, self serving and dishonest. Eventually those debts get called in when looking at the cause and effect of Karma.

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

That is the damned truth!

1 Like

The guy who presided over the GOP minority in the house for much of its seeming perpetuity in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s was Bob Michel, another one satisfied with that. I think during those years, the GOP was described (pretty accurately) as representing “Less of the same.”

Here’s a blurb from a book by a congressional historian praising Bob Michel’s “leadership:” “Every day I wake up and look in the mirror, and say to myself ‘Today, you’re going to be a loser.’ And after you’re here for a while, Bob observed to a colleague, you’ll start to feel the same way. But don’t let it bother you. You’ll get used to it,'” said Mackaman.

Every once in awhile, a guy who will fight the evil swamp came along - like Reagan and Gingrich - but the swamp just rides it out, knowing it will end. The guys like Bob Michel are the norm, not the exception. They have no purpose except to further their own career in relative comfort, and they regard guys like Gingrich as the greatest threat.

1 Like

I happened across this this evening. No matter what you think of Glenn Beck, I found this interesting.

That was well before my time, but just as you articulate nothing has changed and the swamp has a winning record. (I think you said that too)

Waiting for the next incarnation of the Vandals and Visigoths or perhaps Nero, the plutocrats are in the process of burning currency to worthless metal so history def rhymes!

Weird but strangely funny.

2 Likes

Ha ha! Puts new meaning in the term “Leading from Behind”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like