Dark Theme or Light Theme?

Dark Theme
Light Theme

Colored letters matter!

1 Like

Switch is a new theme available in your settings. This theme allows you to switch between a dark blue/green theme to a light theme with a switch that works on both desktop and mobile.

To make the change click your avatar, click the gear icon, select interface from the menu on the left (if on desktop), select “switch” from the Theme dropdown.

6 Likes

That’s pretty nice. It’s like the Twitter dark theme but with some green features.

I personally use the Grey Amber theme. I like the yellow/grey colors.

1 Like

Huh? Trader Joe’s Seville Orange Marmalade and Peter Pan smooth peanut butter horrible?

Wachu talkin bout?

Try the marmalade and molasses.

I find the dark theme very difficult to read. Its like looking at a negative and trying to determine what the picture is.

This theme on mobile is AMAZING. Nice work dude. Holy crap I am thoroughly impressed.

WOW!! - more by luck than judgment I’ve just managed to switch to the light theme and what a difference it has made for me! Previously, depending on some of the screen typefaces (if that’s the word) I had to keep changing screen viewing angles otherwise they were so faint as to be almost invisible. Thanks very much for the tip-off, Patriot. :+1:

1 Like

White on Charcoal is much easier on the eyes for me.

That’s sounds good - I was only just thinking how ‘glary’ white is- especially after the dark theme? lol - when I read your post. I’ll review the options, and hope I can remember how I did it! - thanks.

DOH! I’ve forgotten already - I knew I would. I’ll have to try again when I have a couple of hours to spare! I was so surprised when I managed to change the dark to light before that I still haven’t got over it. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You should find a switch at the top of your screen. You scroll to the top of a thread to see it. When viewing a forum front page, it’s there all the time…for me.

1 Like

I just added a toggle button for desktop users on the main dark/light themes. Refresh your page and you should see it. @cerberus @asaratis

Untitled11

1 Like

Ahh - you are using the “switch” theme which is where I first tested the toggle.

I’ve added that feature to the default Dark theme and to the Light theme as well.

Actually, I view a dark screen with white text most all the time. It’s easier on my eyes.

I’d rather fight than switch.

Light theme…

Dark theme is easier on my eyes for some reason.

Thanks but that switch only gives the 2 options of dark or light, but I can’t see how to choose charcoal. Honestly I’m so techno-illiterate you wouldn’t believe it!

Click on your avatar on the upper right, click that little gear icon on the far right when the menu pops out, now you are in your profile. Select interface from the menu and select which theme you want.

But I don’t see charcoal in the options?