COVID-19 White House Task Force Briefings--Livestream

With President Trump effectively communicating the latest information on the federal efforts to mitigate COVID-19, more corporate U.S. resistance media have decided not to carry the live broadcasts from the White House task force briefings.

I think Fox News still carries them from beginning to end, but I have noticed that sometimes, after Trump leaves early, they cut back to their own paid talking heads.

For those who cannot bring themselves to watch Fox News, here are some livestream links.

White House Livestream LinkRSBN LivestreamCSPAN Livestream Link

Is there a way to turn off that annoying chat feed at the top?

1 Like

As the old saying goes…

If you try to please everybody, somebody’s not going to like it.

I will make a theme later this morning that has zero livestreams/chat.

2 Likes

Is it on all three of them? I don’t know that C-SPAN does that.

He’s talking about the livestream/chat at the top of the page. It’s not related to this. If you don’t see it, refresh your browser.

Why would I want to see something that annoys my friend @Smiley321 ?

I do see that all three that I linked go through YouTube and all three have a live chat feed in the right hand column of the screen. I doubt seriously that https://www.c-span.org/networks/ would have such. It offers livestream of anything on the 3 C-Span channels.

He’s not talking about C-SPAN. He’s talking about the homepage here. Is that correct @Smiley321?

Yes, I don’t want to make more work for @Patriot so don’t break a sweat for me. Detest is too strong a word, but I have no interest in some stupid chat scrolling through at the top of the forum.

2 Likes

Maybe you should try my browser. I never see that. I’ll fix my post. :grin:

I just put it up this morning. You will need to refresh your browser and it will load.

What theme do you use. I will clean up this thread after I get this squared away.

I don’t want it. Suppose I never refresh my browser. I’ll just have to stay logged in forever.

Y’all are nitpicky as hell!

What browser is that? I moved to google chrome after @Tyfoon (I think) kinda sorta endorsed it for spyware concerns. I don’t like to labor over decisions like that, my motto is: don’t sweat petty things, and don’t pet sweaty things

If you use Google Chrome - be sure it is updated to the latest version ASAP. There was a security flaw that was quickly patched yesterday. Just make sure yours is updated. Same for Chromium if you use the open source version of Chrome (which is what most third-party browsers are built on).

@Smiley321 what theme do you use here? I am making a non-live stream theme right now.

Dark - no search bar. It could actually be white with flashing green text for all I care, I just chose one and forgot it.

Done. Refresh your page.

Firefox latest version…with add on that blocks most ads. Also have NordVPN on most all the time. Sometimes when I try to print something I found on a site or an email attachment, I can’t print it unless I suspend VPN for a while. Other than that, I have no problems with ads on this or any other site.

Donating members and Patreon subscribers always receive zero ads. I am working on something to block ad-blockers of non-donating members.

3 Likes