Cosmic Impacts and Earth's Climate

Here’s is a full-length Joe Rogan podcast with geologist Randall Carlson and journalist Graham Hancock. It’s a great interview with great presentations of the melting events and extinctions that occurred during the ending of the ice age.

Separately, Rogan also has multiple podcasts with them individually, and two more with both of them, one hosting paid skeptic Michael Shermer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMWZzxR2VXA

Second impact crater discovered under the Greenland ice. That’s 4 that I know of so far.

1 Like

Came across an interesting theory about some of that stonework in South America. The basic idea is that the walls are not what they seem to be but are vitrified constructs.

He suggested that the walls were first built by containing concrete-like mix in large stacked bags to arrive at walls that look like they do but then after the material had set an impact in the region generated the heat to melt the outer surfaces.

Out of the box thinking to be sure.

Speaking of which, Do you think or support the idea that life on a biological level started in Yellowstone?

It may be possible that the mortar also had chemical applications for setting the stones. They might have used acid vitrification for the final setting of the blocks, which may have also made the cut areas of the stone look more precise than they were when shaped from the quarry.

I’ve seen no evidence it was started anywhere other than in the deep oceans.

Lots of crazy theories that ignore the obvious.

Put some grit between two stones and rub them together and they will form fit to one another.

No aliens or miracles needed.

Remember these people had basically unlimited time and manpower.

It simply confirms what has long been hypothesized as the “origins of life” being located around volcanic vents in the oceans.

Here’s lies one of the greatest archeological mysteries of all time (like in South America), as well as being one of the most annoying magnets for kooks and nuts ever.

This is the unfinished obelisk at Aswan, Egypt, weighing in at (iirc) over 1,000 tons from a single section of limestone bedrock.

Here’s a view from inside the excavated sides of the monolith. Now, I can’t say exactly how this was done 4,000-13,000 years ago or whenever it was done, but I’ve Engineered enough earth in my lifetime to know what a scoop mark looks like. Those aren’t chisel marks, and that’s how crazy theories begin.

@Cross

Imagine a soft copper pipe where water and fine grit are applied at one end and modest pressure at the other as the pipe is turned. It would be a variation on the soft copper saws already proposed for cutting stone slabs in Egypt. You wouldn’t even need a source of high frequency vibrations if you were patient enough and had enough folks using such gear at the same time.

I was thinking some kind of hydraulic process. I hadn’t seen that before.

@SixFoot

The black mat layer associated with the Younger Dryas Impact has now been identified in southern South America.

This was a huge event that killed so many people, virtually no one remembered what happened.

I wonder if people used to refer to that comet as the Bringer of Light, or the Morning and Evening Star? Sounds deceiving. :thinking:

1 Like

Those marks look a whole lot more like the result of water and grit than chisel marks.

1 Like

Nice thread.

It could be argued that the impacts were just debris from the Sun casting off it’s outer shell during a super flare or micro-nova.
Analysis of the soil collected from the moon have shown glass spherules similar to those found in the Younger-Dryas boundary “black mat” layer of soil on Earth. Was it impact, volcanic, or intense heat from a solar flare?
As for the theory that advanced civilization ended twelve thousand years ago, two papers were recently released stating that the carved “stone” at Tiwanaku was a geopolymer. Organic material in the samples prove that it was not natural stone. This could be a game changer.

1 Like

The comet that caused this is hypothesized to be what we currently know as Comet Encke (oddly enough).

For me, it makes more sense for the catalyst to be something like a comet, in that the heat-energy required for that much ice to melt that quickly takes something on the scale of a celestial impact (then of course there are the craters for physical evidence).

I’m more than open to the idea of a Solar Induced Dark Age (Dr. Robert Schoch, et. al.), but this is calling on an event with a scale unobserved before, whereas it only takes a one-mile-wide asteroid to dwarf every last megaton of nukes we currently have in our arsenal.

No need to imagine. I’ve done that exact experiment. It “works,” so-to-speak. It’s just that this method would be impossible to achieve within anyone’s lifetime. Not enough manpower in that to quarry, cut, transport, polish, and place a 2 ton stone every 5 minutes for the 20 years it was said to have been completed in.

A massive CME or micro nova ejection would sterilize at least half the surface of the planet so that’s not likely. If it lasted long enough it could even boil off most of the surface water on the affected side.

Assuming the theory of evolution is true then it would likely take hundreds of millions of years for the planet to “reboot”.

I doubt those are anywhere near as likely as large comets or meteor strikes which have been documented throughout history.

There was a huge amount of debris floating around after the formation of the planets which over time has diminished greatly as much of it impacted the planets, the sun etc and later stabilized in the asteroid belt and/or in orbits around the giants. Some no doubt also has escaped into space.

I’m not so sure. They had virtually unlimited labor and had mastered basic mechanics. There’s also evidence to suggest they had perfected large water powered and water cooled circular saws and band saws that used volcanic sand and copper infused ropes to cut the stone rather than just the simple hand tools mainstream archaeology tells us they had.

1 Like