In a week when the UK has found Tommy Robinson guilty of contempt for hurting the feelings of some muslim rapists whilst reporting outside Leeds Crown Court, London are today and tomorrow hosting “The Global Conference For Media Freedom” and I believe for starters RT were barred from attending.
- transforming media development
- launch of Joint Declaration on Freedom of Expression
- trust in the media: the UK in focus
- media freedom in the Americas: challenges and opportunities
- media freedom in the Western Balkans and new ways of working
- media ownership is media independence: a debate
- regional mechanisms on the safety of journalists
- under pressure: why public media matters
- safety of female journalists
- media donor event
- innovation to end journalist murders
- safety and protection of journalists 1: understanding the contemporary threats
- supporting media freedom in challenging environments
- protecting journalists in conflict zones in the Middle East and North Africa
- international partnership for information and democracy
- media freedom: journalists under threat
- national statements
- what is media freedom: why is it important?
- what can governments do to increase media sustainability?
- taking a stand: how we defend media freedom
- regional session: laws, lies and liberty – the landscape of media freedom in South-East Asia
- media freedom campaign: towards 2020 - sustaining the impact
- navigating disinformation
- safety and protection of journalists II: towards a shared solution
- regional session: strengthening media freedom across the commonwealth
- legal panel
- religion and the media: telling the untold story
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia: building an integrated support system for journalists facing hostile environments
- press freedom, development and democracy in Africa
- Council of Europe parliamentarian session
Haven’t been able to find a guest list but you can bet it will the worst perpetrators of bullshit including the good old reliable British Bullshit Company.