šŸ”“ Cohen lies....again....to Congress

Cohen is a scumbagā€¦and yesā€¦heā€™s convicted felon and heā€™s been disbarred as was Trumpā€™s previous lawyer Roy Cohn. BUTā€¦what does this without doubt say about Trump? They both worked for him up close for a long time. It means heā€™s a crook and felon and worse a traitor.

Heā€™s also a potential murderer. Heā€™s basically said of Cohen and his family, will nobody rid me of these meddlesome people. We have known exactly what that means for the last 850 years.

3 Likes

Cohen, Sater, Cohn, who knows how many other. Why do these liars and vicious criminals just happen to establish long close business relationships with this misunderstood utterly upright and non-bald long-fingered man?

BTW, one of the things I liked was the way that Cohen very clearly laid out what he meant by Trump directing him to lie. Harder for supporters to get away from that one with a straight face.

1 Like

What Cohen described is common in many organizations. I have been in business meetings where an executive made a statement about a controversial situation - that was a complete lie. And, afterwards, that became the official line and the absolute truth.

Absolutely. Itā€™s a widespread technique, even when thereā€™s good stuff being done. People talk about what needs to happen, everybody is on board, they all go do their part.

John Le Carre made this argument in ā€œThe Constant Gardenerā€, about pharmaceutical companies exploiting Africa for drug testing. Corporations never get their hands dirty but let it be known to people way down the ladder that certain outcomes would be preferred.

I watched only briefly but saw a bit when Cohen was being berated for being a serial liar and he said whether the question was about him or the President :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh good grief. You are really grasping at straws.

Thank you for thinking for everyone. Your logic is so flawed it is comical.

Get a good nightā€™s sleep. Take a break from politics for awhile.

He may be a scumbag, but I do believe in redemption. He was addicted to the lies and the deception that were necessary to keep him in the inner circle, with all the trappings of wealth and power that came with it. He, like Trump, went down the wrong path. But unlike Trump, who is sick in so many ways, it appears that Cohen just might break the addiction. I think the mention that his parents were Holocaust survivors was an expression of a genuine re-examination of a life, not a calculated ploy for sympathy.

The fact that Cummings had him in tears at the end indicates that he does have a moral compass and he has rediscovered it. I can not imagine the confession and redemption of Trump ever, ever, ever. And even if he did confess I would not care.

1 Like

Crying doesnā€™t mean you have rediscovered your internal moral compass.

Some did, which is understandable given his own book bio said he was. Others thought he wasnā€™t a natural born citizen no matter where he was born. And some thought he should have to prove his eligibility in a court of law if challenged.

A balanced article about the Cohen hearings from the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47391281

Screenshot_2

2 Likes

Well he would have had to if the traitors in our courts hadnā€™t declared that the American voters didnā€™t have standing in court to challenge his eligibility. (Notice they never actually addressed his eligibility, that was a lie. They simply tossed any such cases that challenged it.) There were dozens of such suits brought that were summarily dismissed by judges for ā€œlack of standing.ā€

From wikipedia, I know. The point stands though, the courts pulled a bullshit move here and the cases should have been dismissed on their merits, not this bullshit excuse they made up to avoid addressing the issue at all.

They pulled a fast one and the majority of Americans just shrugged their shoulders and accepted it at face value. This is also why both parties have continued running candidates that are clearly not eligible for office after Obama. Since the courts have ruled that the American voters ā€œdonā€™t have standingā€ to bring these cases to challenge their eligibility, just who the hell is going to stop them? And as an added bonus, there is now ā€œprecedentā€ too. Suckers.

ā€œwho underwent excessive vettingā€

My question is, as this was part of the decision, how the hell would the judge know what vetting took place? Did the DNC actually provide evidence that his eligibility was vetted? No. So why was this ā€œrulingā€ allowed to stand? The original lawsuit that challenged his eligibility was brought to the courts in 2008. Obama did not release his ā€œlong formā€ birth certificate until 2011. He never provided it to the court that dismissed the eligibility suit based on ā€œlack of standingā€.

Further, if the voters (or ā€œthe Peopleā€ as the Constitution puts it) donā€™t have standing to challenge a candidateā€™s eligibility, who the hell does?

Bingo, he never proved his eligibility in the only place it could be proved, a court of law that would have access to the underlying documentation, he posted his "birth certificateā€™ online, try getting a passport or a drivers license that way, not happening.

1 Like

The man pled guilty to lying to congress already , so how the hell could anyone know when he is telling the truth other than YOU ? :exploding_head:

Call me a cynic, but he had Lanny Davis eyes.

I think it is totally fair to be a cynic on this one. I tend to be on the naive side. But in this case I want to believe that Cohenā€™s emotions indicate a man gone astray who is coming back. Thatā€™s what I want to believe. And right or wrong about it, I am hoping that in about 4 years Cohen makes a cool 10 million on his book while his former boss sits in jail. I might even buy it.

Youā€™re absolutely right. Youā€™re pretty naive. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Go ahead and start jailing former Presidents, what better way to end up with one who refuses to leave office?