Climate Change, do people really care?

Your gut feeling is correct. A kW of power, even generated by burning coal, is far cleaner than a kW of power from a small gasoline engine.

That might actually be Physics funny if there were not a bunch of people also using Geo-thermal for cooling.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alright, you beat me to it… :wink:

Communism will take care of that.

As I pointed out before, there is a loss of efficiency. A geothermal heat pump used to both heat and cool a structure will take more heat out of the ground than it returns.

Gravity works, and keeps working.

It is not gravity that keeps the core hot, it is radioactive decay. Gravity at the center of the Earth is effectively zero.

Yeah, that still works too.

The reality is without a reunion in population the rest if beyond a waste of time as more people = more pollution.

Where do you live?

Pretty much, population increase and rising standards of living will more than negate anything they manage to do with cap and trade or fossil fuel reduction strategies in developed countries.

The left and media are great at manipulating people and the agenda narrative. Wasn’t to many years ago we were entering a new ice age and all the scientists agree.

My local Best Buy has a bin to dispose of rechargeable batteries.

How does voluntary and in favor of become “forced” in your mind?

~13,000 years ago, land mass the area of china and Europe combined sank into the ocean as global warming took hold and ended the ice age. We’ve had less areas to live in since.

I hope the climate warms up another degree or two in the next century. Northern countries like Canada could use the added crop fields and people could use the extra inhabitable areas.

1 Like

That’s exactly how the balance of nature got all screwed up in the first place. For example. The Western World went to sub-Saharan Africa and brought medicine and medical care. Once a very high Mortality rate changed. Now people were living longer consuming the limited resources. The populations grew at an alarming rate and soon the lands were no longer able to provide for them.

Ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC) is making some major inroads.

On and off over the past 10 years, I’ve been thinking about the details of a variation that uses different environmentally friendly substances and exothermic/endothermic phase transitions than what is typical now. There are some details that I may or may not be able to work out. But it is a fun pastime.

I’m also intrigued by ancient practical methods of heating and cooling from the earth… like the Persian wind towers and the underground cooling tunnels. They may not be practical for many, but I think there are still some old ideas we have yet to embrace in our high tech world.

You know of a way to get the child’s permission first? Cool.

g = (Gm) / (1/2)(r )² = 1/4

If only the Earth’s density were constant. :thinking:

But the pressure from gravity is enormous