Chucky Schumer Threatens Kavanaugh, Gorsuch on Supreme Court Steps

Attacking policy and/or calling out brazen/idiotic behavior is very different from “you won’t know what hit you”. Good thing for Schumer he didn’t say the same to Steve Scalise.

Of course it is still all abut Trump.

Senator Schumer has acknowledged that threatening statements can increase the dangers of violence against government officials when he stated on June 15, 2017, following the attempted murder of several elected Members of Congress, ‘We would all be wise to reflect on the importance of civility in our [N]ation’s politics’ and that ‘the level of nastiness, vitriol, and hate that has seeped into our politics must be excised.’

The real piece of SHIT!

1 Like

Want taxpayers to PAY FOR IT !!

Justice Roberts said it was a threat. Many others in Washington said it was a threat.

The only people that don’t say it was a threat are Schumer and his butt-buddies.

I hope the son of a bitch is censured and removed from every committee he’s on. Better yet, expel the sleazy bastard from the Senate…without his pension and perks.

He didn’t threaten any of the SCOTUS Justices. He suggested that the biased women recuse themselves from anything concerning his administration.

Schumer suggested physical harm.

Schumer should go home without a job.

1 Like

He didn’t threaten to kill anyone. That would be a crime, and he would be arrested.

I agree with you completely on all of this. Now we just have to hope that Republicans, who have consistently demonstrated a track record of being more spineless than jellyfish, have the ability to hold him accountable for his words and see it through.

1 Like

Years ago I had two coworkers that incessantly expressed what appeared to be true hatred between each other. They argued about almost every topic that came up, they spoke ill of each other continually, they called each other “son of a bitch” in screaming matches, etc.

I often thought it was for nothing but show and they went out and had drinks together when nobody was around. It turns out I was wrong, but I truly believed it was a fake show.

I often think the Democrats and Republicans do the same in Washington. They politely criticize each other in the halls of Congress, but joke and laugh all the way to the bank at the end of each day.

George Wallace was correct: There’s not a dime’s worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans.

You are correct though in saying that the Republicans seem to refrain from fighting back. (Except of course for Donald Trump!)

I used to curse privately at GWB when he was verbally attacked and then appeared to do absolutely nothing in retaliation. He would not even acknowledge the attacks…just maintain that smug smile and ignore the denigration.

The only redeeming value to this scenario is that Republicans may seem more mature and to practice higher degrees of statesmanship than Democrats.

Personally, I prefer a fighter with a sharp tongue. I used to relish the times when William F. Buckley, Jr. and Gore Vidal got into verbal battles.

…and less we forget, Box Jellyfish are deadly! (Previously I used an iamge of one as my avatar.)

The reality.

Schumer may have been threatening Gorsuch and Kavanaugh with impeachment. But for purposes of establishing criminal liability that is irrelevant. Under the statute, a threat of any kind made to influence their decisions in an ongoing case is prima facie proof of obstruction of justice. No threat of violence is required.

The senator’s actions warrant either an arrest or, at the very least, a formal investigation for endeavoring to obstruct justice. They could also warrant similar treatment for threatening to assault the justices, since on its face Schumer’s remark regarding “what hit you” could also be understood as a threat of violence or as an incitement to the crazies who infest our bitterly divided society to take action.

Well we hear NOTHING so far !!! How long would it take if Trump did the very same thing to Ruth , or Sotomayor ? The Clinton’s demonstrated nothing comes of high power dems .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: REALLY ??? What would YOU call it ? Is this a case of obstruction of justice ?

Obstruction of justice - Wikipedia

https:// en.wikipedia.org /wiki/ Obstruction_of_justice

Obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, is a crime consisting of obstructing prosecutors, investigators, or other government officials. Common law jurisdictions other than the United States tend to use the wider offense of perverting the course of justice.