Chicago is Going to be the Lightning Rod for Summer Unrest!

You got a good point, but what other recourse is there if the city gets out of control? If the local resources there can’t manage to resolve its crisis and thus is overrun by the Gangsters? “Gangsters” See the irony here?

Anyway, if the federal government is forced to step in then for reasons that you point out is something that we should all be concerned about. I get it, it may not happen but you have to wonder when stories like this becomes more common place in today’s society. Remember we were not to far removed from what happened to LEO’s in Dallas and Baton Rouge, so its not like there isn’t precedent to think that Police officers have a target on their back thanks to Obama.

originalCX

Being a northsider from birth and having seen the 68 riots, yeah, it takes about 50 years for history to repeat itself.

I am really surprised that the Demwits did not put the DNC presidential convention in Chicago, but Milwaukee is just a busride away for the communist controlled unionists to raise hell there.

Given that Chicago will shortly have a new female black Mayor, (likely Lightfoot or Preckwinkle), I suppose that the Dims expect that Momma is going to calm down her warring sons.

In summary, I expect that the shit will hit the real fan in Milwaukee.

So you are familiar with these areas? Northside, The Bugs Moran Gang?

Back in the 60’s and 70’s letting Chicago steep up to it’s neck in it’s own rotting cesspool was ok. That’s the way they want it, they get it…

However, Illinois politics is now so biased to Chi-town and Burbs that Chicago could sink the entire state. Most of the former Govs are in jail, they are broke as a state, and they even contemplated canning the lottery because it “cost” so much money.

If Trump could find a way to “wall” off Chicagoland (fiscally) from the rest of Illinois and let it sink into chaos with out dragging an entire state down, maybe that would help.

However, Chicago is the Communist hotbed that brought us the 68 riots, yippies, and more lately the “New Party” and the Obamas.

I grew up in the near northern 'burbs, and still have family connections there.

Northsider, there, means among other things, a Cubs fan. More generally it means being from above the Ike.

I visit several times per year, recently getting an update on the whole Mayoral election runoff twists and turns.

The perspective of Chicago at least in my view is that its history precedes itself. It can not escape its karma or past, so here we are discussing the possibilities of the City crashing into chaos once again.

The thing about Chicago is I actually think the people there are pretty cool. Of course this was my impression after visiting it many times prior to 2009. I met so many people there that were awesome and for the most part had an easy disposition when talking to strangers I have met. I love its pubic Library with the Owls on the corners of its fascia, and Wrigley field that is without a doubt a National treasure that gives you a slice of old time Americana, not to mention the after parties that happen after each game is something I have never seen before. I also have visited its Museum of Natural history that taught me a lot of its history, where they have on display Abraham Lincoln’s bed. What is also interesting to me is the name “Chicago” itself is derived from a Native American Indian name for “leek” a onion like veggie that was common in the area that grew on the banks of the local rivers there at the time.

Its local music scene there is also something I had a chance to take in and came away inspired by the talented musicians I got to be exposed to. There is one thing I will never forget and its burned into my memory forever, is when hearing a street artist belt out a short sound from a Soprano Saxophone. I was casually walking with a friend who I was visiting at the time, when on a street corner somewhere downtown, a Black gentleman, with white hair (probably was in his sixties) suddenly erupted with this intro melody that lasted all but 5 measures (like the intro to “Rhapsody in Blue” but something totally different) that was so beautiful that it touch my heart. It was the most beautiful sound I ever heard. I watched as other people passed by and they too were touched by his sound as they dumped money in his saxophone case as they reacted to hearing him play this short burst of melody. The old man had a smile on his face as he did this, and I walked away thinking what a beautiful soul to have created such beautiful music. To this day I am still touched just thinking about it.

My feeling, in its current incarnation is that I can’t help but see that Obama and his cronies having a hand its current demise, and I don’t mean to say he is directly responsible but helped influence and foster the cultural unsavory perceptions that we are seeing in today’s discourse when ever talking about the City and their leadership!

If I were the type to post video snippets, I would post the Wayne’s World scene with Alice Cooper discussing Milwaukee…

But I am not. I’m from Chicago.

If your pizza is thin greasy and floppy, and does not include lump Italian sausage, you need to visit Chicago. Maybe sit in the bleachers, and try a Chicago dog with Vienna Red Hots, Plochmans mustard, nuclear green relish, tomato, and a dill pickle spear, the sport pepper is optional.

We brought America Schwinn, Daisy BB guns, Chicago Roller Skates, and Johnson and Evinrude boat motors. My family participated in all of the above and more.

Get out of the damned city and look in the burbs. Most everyone owns at least 3 of the following; boat, Harley, snowmobile, RV, PWC, Classic or Muscle car, …

I remember when America was great. Dad won the OMC contract, announced that we would buy a boat and vacation property on Lake X (it was a block-building shack with a tube radio from the '40’s), and Mom ordered a pizza with lump sausage.

Dad dragged the boat home with the Vista Cruiser, and Mom got the pizza in the Corvair.

Chicago today is just a liberal shithole wanting to be New York in the morning and scheming with the Communist Unions in the evening.

Enjoy the great pizza and dogs.

Well the other places I visited there was “Uno’s” original pizzeria home of the deep dish pan pizza, which BTW was totally awesome. “Angelina’s” Chicago’s authentic Italian food restaurant, and the “Green Mill” which so happened to be Al Capone’s favorite restaurant that also had excellent food.

I also took a tour of St. Carmichaels cemetary where all the Gangsters are buried next to each other, like Dion O’Banion, the Notorious Gena Brothers, Hiemi Wiess, and Al Capone himself. I also stayed with a friend at the actual Hawthorne Race track that was also purchased by Al Capone in Cicero.

Rumor has it that it was a cow named “Betsey” that caused the great fire that burnt Chicago to the ground and this water tower was one of only the remaining structures that survived in the wake of its aftermath.

The Water Tower

Hawthorne Race Track

Lastly the only connection I have to Chicago is one of my Guitars, as it is from there. A Washburn, which BTW is an excellent piece of wood.

Chicago has been a corrupt democrat run shit hole since long before Obama was even born

Chicago and corruption are pretty well synonymous.

That just turns into a battle with democrats then demonizing big republican donors in reply. Nothing gets accomplished other than to create more noise.

Well that isn’t at all true. The Mainstream media keeps him in the shadows but FNC and talk radio call him out regularly.

The MSM is so deeply in bed with the democratic party they can’t afford to expose the dark side of the party.

You can look for rich liberals to welcome and even promote an economic downturn or a full blown recession between now and November, 2020. Bill Maher has already done so. It won’t really hurt the multi-millionaires.

I think Bill Maher indulges a little too in much in this!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: So you are unfamiliar with the game LOL You wreck you community and then you get tons of federal money to rebuild , then you get more money from the State to rebuild . And finally you get those jobs in the rebuilding process because you are a minority business , got it now ?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-storefront-20160530-story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/the-baltimore-riots-and-the-price-paid-by-all-of-us/2015/04/29/c7bdf260-eeac-11e4-a55f-38924fca94f9_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.73e479fb78ed

I think this is perfectly right. The left wants anarchy so it gives them an excuse to clamp down. They drum up racial tension and anger amongst their population of useful idiots and away they go.

I accidentally drove through this neighborhood by taking a wrong turn on my way from NY to DC in 2009! I had a round in the chamber as I was nervous!

But because you’ve idiots in your midst who’ll riot, vandalize and even start fires private money and real investment stays away or moves out ,… as it should. Any recovery is a band aide. The realities that come from there being such idiots in their midst will overwhelm it.

Because there were no consequences – like getting shot during the riot and during the commission of their crimes as should happen – the idiots multiply and will riot again.

1 Like

And they had assault weapons , no permit needed , even the police won’t drive in that hood !!! :grimacing:

Dam! Sorry about that. It must be a Hong Kong thing? Lol! It was an episode from “The Wire”

1 Like