Censorship on this site

What’s with the censorship rules on this site?
Highly authoritarian.
Only 20 replies allowed for newbies, then cutoff, and then only three responses allowed on a thread without an alternative response?
I call BS.
And the the title of a thread MUST BE 15 characters!

There really aren’t any. Have you been prohibited from saying exactly what you want? If you have, please let me know.

It doesn’t take much to increase your trust level in the community. This prevents new people from spamming up threads. Not everyone who makes an account has the best intentions. Some just want to link drop or derail threads. This limits them from doing too much damage.

A lot of new folks don’t understand the functionality here (I recommend taking the tutorial). If you press the reply button at the bottom of the thread you’ll reply to the entire thread. This will allow you to reply to multiple people using the “@” symbol @hoytmonger - if you want to keep things in order simply quote the text you are replying to. The person will be notified that you are replying to them.

We limited three consecutive self-responses (responses without a reply or subsequent post) because occasionally people who make threads that aren’t interesting or lack enough detail in the OP tend to keep bumping it to the top because they want people to reply.

And yet you haven’t been censored.

God forbid a title be descriptive and complete. I didn’t realize 15 characters was too much to ask for the title of an OP. What do you suggest?

4 Likes

2 Likes

Look everyone it’s an anarchist whining about something he doesn’t control. You won’t last very long once things collapse.

Being that you invited me to this site, I expected that I could respond to others without being shut down and censored after getting into a discussion.
I would suggest that people be allowed to state their opinions without limits.
It’s what’s called “free speech.”

Anarchists typically don’t wish to control anything but their own existence.
And also typically don’t wish to be controlled.
You seem to like the idea of being controlled by your statement.
Sad for you.

What a fucking drama queen.

4 Likes

Here’s a list of information links contained on this site:

https://politicalbullpen.com/faq

https://politicalbullpen.com/tos

https://politicalbullpen.com/privacy

Also, @discobot can provide tutorials on how to use the site, and how to gain extra access to the full spectrum of features.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

@discobot display help

3 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

In what way?
Twenty characters.

He will not allow himself to be ruled, nor should he rule over another. :wink:

2 Likes

Correct - you were an invitee due to previous membership at Political Debate Forums. As is customary for all former members in good standing from our collection of sites, I’ve elevated your trust level as I have done with all other previous members. Thanks for the reminder.

Anyhow - no one is shutting you down personally. We have measures in place to keep this community from turning into a haven for SEO link droppers as well as to minimize damage from raid parties from other boards…which we have had in the past. This also prevents trolls from mucking up the site or the threads too much…but still gives new people ample opportunity to participate and learn the ropes.

You shouldn’t have any more restrictions on posting. I recommend logging out and logging back in.

Next time - feel free to send me a direct message instead of making a spectacle. I’m sure people will have lots of interesting responses to your assessment of our community after 1 day of membership and 3 hours of participation.

Cheers :beers:

5 Likes

1555194789254m

1 Like

You can get rid of the 20 characters warning by typing a line of … dots under your short sentence. Only three dots with show up.

Good thing he didn’t attack @KVN :rofl:

:clinking_glasses:

I think youre confusingly conflating censorship and spam-preventing algorithms / basic posting rules.

Just like how Im conflating rough pavement texture to tires taxing scheme.

1 Like

tenor

3 Likes
3 Likes