Campus police want students to report acts of 'bias'

Social media posts from the University of Illinois campus police are encouraging students to report “acts of intolerance” to the school’s Bias Assessment and Response Team.

At least one officer for the University of Illinois is a member of the school’s bias response team. This certainly conflates physical safety with being uncomfortable around non-politically correct individuals.

So what is bias, according to the Bias Assessment and Response Team? They defineit as “actions or expressions that are motivated, at least in part, by prejudice against or hostility toward a person (or group) because of that person’s (or group’s) actual or perceived age, disability/ability status, ethnicity, gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, race, religion/spirituality, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, etc.”

Those reported for bias may be required to participate in mediation, “educational conversations,” or “resolution agreements” and may receive referrals to other offices at the school. In some cases, incidents which are deemed as possible violations of the Student Code can be forwarded to the Student Discipline System.

“BART is a politicized tool mainly utilized by upset leftists in a childish last-ditch attempt to press those they find politically unsavory,” Illini Republicans President Jack Johnson told Campus Reform.

The University of Illinois did not respond to requests for comment.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: That’s amazing! They are going to be sooooooooo prepared for life!

Hey you wusses, life ain’t fair; suck it up or go down in flames. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I’m tellin my mom.

This is stupid wow! So precious

The SJW police. Awesome. I bet they’ll be biased towards whites, males, cisgenders, heterosexuals, etc.

1 Like

Brown shirts come to mind once again. Next thing they’re going to implement China policy of social credit/liberty etc.

Your freedom will depend on it.

I paid too many fucking dues in life to allow anyone to intimidate me. I am thick skinned. We are breeding a nation of sissys & cryin the blues weaklings.

I should clarify my statement… I think the name is stupid and it seems their implementation will not work (too broad). However I do not believe in discrimination of any kind.

If this program starts unfairly targeting political foes… then it should be highlighted across the country as the wrong thing to do.

And yet you discriminate every waking minute of your life.

Is discrimination a right? Is it the purview of the police to control feelings?

1 Like

Sorry to say that is my school… the UofI Urbana/Champaign campus is anyhow.

:frowning:
still a good engineering school at that campus though.

So what is bias, according to the Bias Assessment and Response Team? They define it as “actions or expressions that are motivated, at least in part, by prejudice against or hostility toward a person (or group) because of that person’s (or group’s) actual or perceived age, disability/ability status, ethnicity, gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, race, religion/spirituality, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, etc.”

Define motivation.
Define prejudice, especially in incremental terms since “in part” was added as a caveat.
Define hostility.

Now, explain to me how one “officer” made the “bias response team” and what training and qualifications he/she has.

I discriminate every day of my life. It is what keeps me safe.

Too bad, too sad if it hurts your feeler buds. Hoodie with your pants hanging around your thighs? Oh yeah. You are on my avoid at all cost list. Don’t care what color you are. You are “that which should be avoided”.

You may espouse not believe in it because it is the liberal politically correct thing to do, but I guarantee you damn well practice it on a daily basis.

1 Like

Sounds expanded but familiar. Good thing slippery slopes aren’t real.

You’re right. Thank goodness slippery slopes aren’t real. Whew.

I wonder if the “bias assessment officer” got a .05 cent raise for taking the position?

Who said I was a liberal? never assume.

Also since you don’t know me, how can you assume that I discriminate everyday in my life?

Maybe I should clarify… I don’t discriminate based on the protected classes listed in the OP. I do discriminate Against Starbucks coffee… I think it’s terrible!

I heard that assume just adds an ass to u and me.

It fairly obvious.

Because if you don’t chances are you wouldn’t be here to post.

Do you think discrimination is equivalent to something morally wrong?

It’s fairly obvious? Lmao! I’d like to see your justification.

Like I said above, discrimination of Starbucks isn’t morally wrong. Discrimination against someone based on the color of their skin, sexual orientation, or religion is. This works both ways to me.

It’s not a lib or con thing.