BREAKING: Senators Working to Slip Israel Anti-Boycott Law Through in Lame Duck

No thanks needed @Pozzed there was actually a really good article in the Intercept about it. I don’t particularly care for that publication, but credit where it is due.

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s-lawmakers-seek-to-criminally-outlaw-support-for-boycott-campaign-against-israel/

1 Like

I don’t like the sound of this one bit!!!

1 Like

I’ve read it dozens of times. There is no limitation on political beliefs nor in expressing them.

Criticize Israel all you want.

That is absolutely not correct. The whole point of the bill is to put limitations on the criticism of Israel. Do you know what happens when a bill is passed and signed into _______

That is a lie. The bill says nothing about being critical of the gov’t or the country as a whole.

Yes - everyone is just making shit up. All of the people here, the ACLU, newspapers. Everyone. The only people telling the truth are the ■■■■■■ lobbyists that wrote the bill. Right?

Do you know what a boycott is?

This bill specifically targets American citizens and businesses who choose to boycott Israel.

The bill prohibits any U.S. person engaged interstate or foreign commerce from supporting:

• any request by a foreign country to impose any boycott against a country that is friendly to the United States and that is not itself the object of any form of boycott pursuant to United States law or regulation, or
  • any boycott fostered or imposed by any international governmental organization against Israel or any request by any international governmental organization to impose such a boycott.

The bill amends the Export-Import Bank Act of 1945 to include as a reason for the Export-Import Bank to deny credit applications for the export of goods and services between the United States and foreign countries, opposition to policies and actions that are politically motivated and are intended to penalize or otherwise limit commercial relations specifically with citizens or residents of Israel, entities organized under the laws of Israel, or the government of Israel.

1 Like

Maybe you need help reading your own propaganda.

There is nothing in the bill that prevents you from voicing your opinion.

The only thing that is actionable under the bill is being an active participant in an actual boycott of Israel.

The so called “palestinians” are attempting to starve Israel into submission in the same way the Nazis starved the ■■■■ into submission leading up to the holocaust and this bill does nothing more than put a stop to it.

Which makes it a 1st Amendment issue. I am really shocked by some of the reactions on this thread.

I for one want the government OUT of my private affairs. I will boycott whoever I damn well please.

1 Like

No it isn’t. You are still free to voice your opinion about Israel as a whole and it’s gov’t. Neither are actionable.

Good luck getting a court to side with you on that.

Well maybe you can point that out in the language because that’s not the way it reads.

The ACLU doesn’t see it that way either, which is interesting.

Perhaps I need to be more clear. There is no language in the bill which would prevent you being critical of either the gov’t or state of Israel.

If there was, it would be DOA.

Summary of the Actual Bill.

Shown Here:

Introduced in Senate (03/23/2017)

Israel Anti-Boycott Act

This bill declares that Congress: (1) opposes the United Nations Human Rights Council resolution of March 24, 2016, which urges countries to pressure companies to divest from, or break contracts with, Israel; and (2) encourages full implementation of the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014 through enhanced, governmentwide, coordinated U.S.-Israel scientific and technological cooperation in civilian areas.

The bill amends the Export Administration Act of 1979 to declare that it shall be U.S. policy to oppose:

• requests by foreign countries to impose restrictive practices or boycotts against other countries friendly to the United States or against U.S. persons; and
  • restrictive trade practices or boycotts fostered or imposed by an international governmental organization, or requests to impose such practices or boycotts, against Israel.

The bill prohibits any U.S. person engaged interstate or foreign commerce from supporting:

• any request by a foreign country to impose any boycott against a country that is friendly to the United States and that is not itself the object of any form of boycott pursuant to United States law or regulation, or
  • any boycott fostered or imposed by any international governmental organization against Israel or any request by any international governmental organization to impose such a boycott.

The bill amends the Export-Import Bank Act of 1945 to include as a reason for the Export-Import Bank to deny credit applications for the export of goods and services between the United States and foreign countries, opposition to policies and actions that are politically motivated and are intended to penalize or otherwise limit commercial relations specifically with citizens or residents of Israel, entities organized under the laws of Israel, or the government of Israel.

And not just any boycott. Only boycotts called by foreign governments or international organizations.

These people cant read.

You may. The law only addresses boycotts called by foreign governments.

The bind rage that comes over some folks anytime ■■■■ or Israel are mentioned still amazes me.

Oddly, I don’t think a whole lot of most of the ■■■■ I’ve known here in the US nor do I agree with much of how the Israeli gov’t is structured but I won’t lie to demonize either and will definitely continue to defend Israel’s right to exist.

The funny part is that if Israel ever were to fall just where do they think most of the refugees would end up?

Right here in the US of course.

I’m not even sure many that oppose the bill are anti-israel. But the ■■■ haters (including the self loathing liberal ■■■■■ have successfully convinced freedom loving (but not very astute) Americans that this bill is going to violate their freedom of speech rights. One out of 10 might eventually smack his or her forehead and say “oh…I see now why this is not a big deal for me personally”. The rest will just froth in misguided anger.

I see the two of you are having a nice time patting each other on the back, you still haven’t explained why AIPAC, a ■■■■■■ / Israeli lobby group felt it necessary to craft legislation that targets US citizens - and why you support it.

Israel won’t fall - we paid for them to build a wall. They also don’t take any refugees but push refugees on every white Christian country. I wonder why :thinking:

Like I will allow you to tell me what I need to explain.

Hahahahahahahahagaga :joy:

Funny yogi.

Oh no we can’t criticize ■■■■■ and we can’t boycott them. It seems as though that ■■■■ are a protected class, I hope they realize that it’s only going to create more enemies, more people are waking up and seeing how ■■■■ are spreading propaganda and anti-white rhetoric.