BREAKING: Senators Working to Slip Israel Anti-Boycott Law Through in Lame Duck

Not wanting my government to dictate what I am allowed to politically support has nothing to do with paranoia.

I debated 9 or 10 of you at a time. I responded to, answered, and refuted more posts of yours than any of you did. I completely and fully expressed my opinion and supported it with honest quotes from the actual bill.

Avoid discussion… in your dreams LOL.

Can you point out where you provided anything other than nitpicking remarks about post quality?

Your initial post said you want the boot on the neck of your fellow citizens (assuming you are an American and not an Israeli) because it’s helpful to contract with the federal government. Outside of that you provided nothing of substance.

Don’t worry everyone! President Trump will surely veto this!

1544363597357m

1 Like

I still haven’t seen a response to this direct question. Maybe @Call_me_Ishmael missed it?

Say what you will, ■■■■ have handed the world a staggering amout of positive technology. ■■■■ believe in education. So many medical breakthroughs are from ■■■■■■ scientists. I suppose no self respecting Muslim would want his children immunized against polio. Do some research.

Did you read my post where I said strawmen should be imprisoned… with their boots on?

That has nothing to do with the OP.

What are your thoughts on this?

List of Israeli inventions and discoveries - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_inventions_and_discoveries

Please be specific as to what you mean by “this”. I’m not convinced you even know what “this” is.

So in the interest of clarity… tell me what you are asking without pointing to a disputed antecedent.

Oh boy - again with the nitpicking and lack of direct answers.

DO
YOU
SUPPORT
LEGISLATION
THAT
PENALIZES
CITIZENS
OR
COMPANIES
FOR
BOYCOTTING
OTHER
COUNTRIES

NOT
JUST
ISRAEL

3 Likes

When you say boycott, do you mean this?
( from 19USC 4452)

(f)Definitions In this section:
(1)Boycott of, divestment from, and sanctions against Israel

The term “boycott of, divestment from, and sanctions against Israel means actions by states, nonmember states of the United Nations, international organizations, or affiliated agencies of international organizations that are politically motivated and are intended to penalize or otherwise limit commercial relations specifically with Israel or persons doing business in Israel or in any territory controlled by Israel.

I just want to point out it’s practically impossible to reply to ever posts when there is multiple response.

Lord knows I can’t. So I have to pick and choose my battles.

More games and deflection. The question is simple.

If you support Israel being UNIQUELY protected from boycotts…just say so.

If you don’t, should we provide these same protections to other countries, or all countries for that matter?

This very question has been posed multiple times and we keep getting more requests for definitions as opposed to a staight answer.

You people already expressed confusion as to what the boycott of Israel means in the context of the legislation.

No…you are not required to buy Israeli hummus or any other form of their chickpeas.

So please clarify if the definition I posted is what you are thinking of. It is what I believe this legislation is out to stop.

That may be so in this case but I just wanted to point out I have a problems trying to answer every posts. It’s not that I’m ignoring those individuals or the question itself.

Well correction…when someone become pain I do.

In this case concerning the OP…I’m still trying to figure out precisely why this bill is needed. But again that goes for over half of bills in congress. :wink:

1 Like

Just jumping into this thread. Looks like people understand full well what this is about @Call_me_Ishmael

No one expressed confusion other than you.

Everyone here who has actively been posting is obviously familiar with BDS as it relates to the House and Senate proposals sponsored by AIPAC.

Now, if you want to have a serious discussion please stop the games and quit asking for definitions. You are looking like a Hasbara shill. The context is BDS and Israel’s / AIPAC’s butthurt over the support BDS has received in America. As a result, US citizen supporters of BDS must be punished by their own government. That is the context of this discussion.

Put on your big boy pants or quietly exit the thread and let the adults have a conversation.

Ok. Adult entertainment is always fun. And you guys are entertaining. Carry on.

My existing posts can stand by themselves.
If they are as misguided as you suggest, all objective readers will come to that conclusion and your fears of me making a convincing argument to them will be allayed.

You guys do sound fearful.